Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / GourceGUI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 21:14 Edited at: 26th May 2011 07:53
GourceGUI - Visual User-Interface for Gource

DESCRIPTION:
Gource is a program that creates visual animations of a source code repository's history, which only has a commandline interface. GourceGUI aims at making a user-friendly GUI to interface with Gource, so that you don't need to mess around in the commandline.

BUGS:
When setting the CVS path you have to select a file in the target folder. This is because the BBBGui doesn't have a FolderBrowser command, so I had to make a work-around that removes the filename from the path. Hopefully this will be added to BBBGui soon.

Setting the font color does nothing atm. This seems to be a bug in Gource, not in GourceGUI.

REQUIREMENTS:
1. Gource - Software version control visualization
2. Subversion(SVN) - This is the commandline version, TortoiseSVN won't work.
3. A repository that you want to visualize using Gource.
Without these things the program won't be of much use to you.

UPDATED: 26. May - 2011
Added a lot of UI elements for setting various common options. Some of them are: Speed/Timing settings, hiding Gource elements, and setting the background color.
Also added tooltips to all settings to make it easier to see what they actually do.

UPDATED: 24. May - 2011
I have rewritten the code to use the BBBGui plugin so that I can use real windows UI elements. As you can see from the updated video it has become alot nicer.
I also added some checkboxes for a few of the Gource options.

CONTRIBUTING:
I have put the source under the GPL so anyone who wants can add to or modify it, and the project is hosted at GoogleCode:
http://code.google.com/p/gourcegui/

There is also a PivotalTracker page to help organize the project:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/297341

If you want to be able to contribute you should tell me, and I will add you as a member on both sites.

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 07:00
Updated with new UI and checkbox functionality for some of the Gource options. Now using BBBGui.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 18:10
Watched the video in the OpenFPS thread yesterday. That was probably the coolest thing I've seen in a very long time.

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 21:27 Edited at: 24th May 2011 21:29
I'm not sure if you're implying that I made Gource, but I didn't. Google made it and released it as OpenSource. So now it is an OpenSource project.
I am making a GUI to interface with Gource as it only has a commandline interface.

Just wanted to make sure that there were no misunderstandings.

But thanks anyway...

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 00:03
That is an awesome bit of work, very nice graphical representation. Working on projects which have a lot of branches can be a real nightmare, so I'm sure this'll help.

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 07:33
Added a lot of settings to the GUI. See top post for more info.

Also added a new video showing some of the additional functionality.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:38:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:38:25