Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBP 7.7RC7] - HTTP REQUEST DATA still not working for normal HTTP

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2011 10:22 Edited at: 29th May 2011 10:25
Hi, can the following please be confirmed as an outstanding issue:
the result printed should be: "message posted and received was egg123"

I've tried multiple combinations and values (including none at all) for the last parameter both the HTTP CONNECT command and the HTTP REQUEST DATA commands with no luck

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:00
It's an ongoing issue that was erroneously rejected:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147638&b=15

Your signature has been erased by a mod because combined with the image and the text underneath, it's larger than 600x120.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 18:33 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 18:37
It may be website related.

This works for me:

This does not:

The difference is the access parameter. Both requests work with www.google.com. So is it DBPRO related? I don't think so.

The code just outputs the text anyhow, but it demonstrates that we receive something when Access level 0 is specified. These access rights are controlled by your host.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 18:51
Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying to help, but as Jerico2day and a number of others have intimated, it looks like it is in fact a DBP issue.

You are right that it depends on the access parameters and that it should be 0 for the last one (which was the information given in a previous post or change log entry; I have tried that as well unsuccessfully), I'm very surprised you say it works for your site.

I think I read somewhere that https://www.google.com will actually return the contents (but since it is https and not http, it is using the secure port and not 80 for normal http requests), so that may not be the best one to use for a baseline.

Also, it shouldn't be website related as I have use other methods to get the results required, just haven;t been able to use the built in DBP commands successfully...

Lastly, I noticed that your example uses a POST command and not the standard GET command; I don't know if this would have any bearing on the results, but it could do.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 20:14
Hmm interesting

Quote: "I noticed that your example uses a POST command and not the standard GET command; I don't know if this would have any bearing on the results, but it could do."

Get and Post works on my Site. I use 1and1 hosting and I had trouble accessing stuff using [HTTP REQUEST DATA] after a certain DBP update. I was able to use the command without the access parameter before.

Quote: "it shouldn't be website related as I have use other methods to get the results required, just haven;t been able to use the built in DBP commands successfully"

I agree that the DBP commands do not work as good as other methods, I find that sometimes it crashes using the valid demo posted above. I don't really want to have to specify access or port parameters to load an HTTP request. I know that you are aware of alternative methods, just for the record I often use the urlmon
method to download files and process GET requests. For that matter, I don't even use DBPRO to download stuff anymore, I use a VB.NET executable or a HTML file loaded into the users default browser. Previously, If I had to send a POST request privately without external files then I would send javascript into a hidden webbrowser control with BlueGUI; but that was ages ago and I can't even remember if BlueGUI could even return HTML content as a string.

Quote: "You are right that it depends on the access parameters and that it should be 0 for the last one (which was the information given in a previous post or change log entry; I have tried that as well unsuccessfully), I'm very surprised you say it works for your site."

If this works for my site, but not yours, then the difference is our hosts, in relation to what ever is going on during the [HTTP request data] call. And guess what... The zero parameter example which works with google and my website, does not work with www.msn.com, now there's a suprise!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 18:04
I am still looking for a way to interact with a PHP file, any help?

I need Get and Put support...

Thanks in advance and funny that this thread is still unlocked lol

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 16:33
Quote: "and funny that this thread is still unlocked lol"

It's a bug report so doesn't get locked.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 17:18
Oh... Thanks GG... Not so familiar with these types of boards yet...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:34:20