Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / I need help in finding, and using a sound recording dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 22:00
I've searched the boards and found one entry about irrklang.dll but I can't get any of the sample code to run.

If you know of a sound recording dll and could give me some direction on how to get it up and running, I would appreciate it.

I am new to dll's so I need some basic instructions, like how to initialize the dll in my application and how to call the dll.

Thanks for any information.
D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 02:55 Edited at: 1st Jun 2011 02:58
Exactly what kind of recording are you trying to do?

If your just wanting to record some audio, DBPro has built-in sound recording functions for this? Optionally, you could use something like Windows Sound Recorder or other 3rd party software.

If your trying to record the mixed audio output from a source application, you can look at WASAPI under Vista and Windows 7, or WinMM under XP thru 7. The later only supports 16 bit integer samples. It takes a certain amount of setup to make use of either. I'm currently writing a plugin to capture DBPros mixed audio output using WinMM. It's still in early development.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 08:37
Thanks for the information.

I cannot get dbPro to record above 11Khz or below 110Khz (this one puzzles me). I've used two different computers, both with 48Khz capabilities, one with 96Khz capabilities. And I've used both the internal hardware and external hardware, USB and Firewire.

I am working on two projects. For one I need at least 44khz, mono. And I need to be able to play a wav file and record one at the same time. I can record while playing in dbPro but I can't get it to go above 11Khz.

My other project will require multi-track recording of at least 4 tracks at once, again while playing back other tracks. 96Khz would be nice, but I'd take 44Khz, if I can get it.

If I could get dbPro, or any version of Dark Basic to record at 44Khz, I would be home free but it seems that it just doesn't have that capability for now.

So I'm stuck with either looking for a different development environment or a dll for DB. I'd rather not switch because of DB's 3D capabilities.

Any help would be appreciated.
D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
I afraid I can't help you with that. DBPro is not really design to handle sound quality of that level (at least at the moment). I'm afraid you may have to try using C++ with Dark GDK or you could try Purebasic with Pure GDK to get the power you need and still have the DBPro 3D engine.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 08:02
Purebasic might be the route I need to take. I will investigate it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 23:26
DarkNet's sound commands are capable of doing this, and they are stand alone (so you don't need to use any networking).

See documentation for sound commands here. Specifically you can use mnSetSoundProfile to specify the sample rate, bits per sample and number of channels. So long as the hardware supports it, these values are unrestricted.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:54:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:54:41