Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Cloned objects does not return ANY limb positions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've spent the last couple hours looking if i was doing something wrong, exported objects in many many ways with many exporters with many adjustments.

The Result: a simply loaded object returns the correct limb positions for the command limb position x/y/z, while if the object is a clonned one, the values are all 0!

Please do something about this.

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~35%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, it seems that .X format 3D objects just doesn't return limb position values at all, but 3DS objects do without problem.

Anyone using a .X exporter for Max, possibly Max7 which will produce files right?

-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, i found out that if you have anything called like "DX Frame", you must change that from 'no frames' and now DBP will recognise limb the right way!

It's scary how unnecessarily complicated this topic is, it's just an other big adventure to see your finally made media well displayed in your game.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 23:39
I've found it's better sometimes to export to 3DS from certain packages, and then load it into something like FragMotion, and export it to .X from there. FragMotion does a really good job of exporting .X so that DBPro can use it.

Once you are ready to zip up your game, convert them all to .dbo and you're done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:22:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:22:16