Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Colour Commands Plugin for DBPro

Author
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 12:03
Hey guys,
Ever since I started programming, I have found it annoying finding what RGB values to use when I wanted various colours. To get passed this 'annoyance', I created a DLL with the names of the colours as the commands. For example, CLR_Black() would return the same value RGB(0,0,0) . CLR_PaleVioletRed() would return the same value as RGB(219,112,147).

Example

All together there are 140 colours. Full list available here.
I hope some of you find it as useful as I have.

Download attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 06:04
Well, there is a custom color function built in to DBP (default editor version 1.077) which gives you a visual color selector that automatically inserts the color code for you. you just right click and click 'Insert RGB Color' and it makes one for you. this plugin is sort of useless (unless this feature is unincluded in earlier editors or you are using an editor that doesn't have this feature)

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 07:04
Well look at that , that's a better idea. I think i'll stick to my commands as much as i can, so i can easily see what colours im using just by looking at the code, unless you know a way to do that to .

Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
I know approximately what kinda color is behind the RGB values...

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~35%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 20:30 Edited at: 13th Jun 2011 20:30
Quote: "I know approximately what kinda color is behind the RGB values..."

Aye.

Anyway, It would be cool if the inbuilt color selector would auto change the text of rgb values printed onto the code to color selected (the text).

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 20:49
Naming the colours is probably a good idea anyway, you can then completely change a colour value once and it will alter everywhere in the code.

I have not looked at this plugin but I suppose you could have commands which for instance: add more green to every colour, or brighten up all colours etc.

ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 06:12
Quote: "I have not looked at this plugin but I suppose you could have commands which for instance: add more green to every colour, or brighten up all colours etc."

At the moment, it only has the colour commands( Such as CLR_BLACK()) and that's it.

I made the for myself a few months ago and was surprised how much i use it, so i posted it here in case there were more people that would find it useful.

Anyway thanks for the reply guys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:10:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:10:33