Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x10] Life is Hard

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 01:04 Edited at: 14th Jul 2011 21:23
I decided to open a theme for my new game that was made in FPS Creator X9.
Developer : Lovely Studio
Genre : Action FPS
Year : 2011

STORY

What I now discover that the main character is called Michael and he wants to avenge his family and loved ones so they will find and liquidate all those who harmed his family.
First trailer :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YorFyOwlHl4&feature=youtu.be
Second trailer :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiQcYhHW2rY&feature=player_embedded

Levels:
1, Metro Theater
2, Revenge started (Working on it)
3,UnNamed

This is my first official game and therefore I would like to give me as many suggestions as to how I could improve the game
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 11:32 Edited at: 8th Jul 2011 18:33

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Life is Hard"

...but the front of a train is even harder.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 13:31
Here is first in-game traier, bad quality because of compression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9SEkAth2M
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 23:22 Edited at: 25th Jun 2011 00:44
@Red Eye - Haha nicely done XD

EDIT: @Beno09 - I suggest adding some screenshots, and i saw that your gameplay trailer is coming out soon. I would put some screenshots up before that comes out so people will be excited to play it, just a though...

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...but the front of a train is even harder."

Then you are going to Die Hard!

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 02:28
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 11:02 Edited at: 25th Jun 2011 11:05
Images failed, i had the same problem. Try to copy the Direct Link instead of the link your using. When using imageshack i suggest just creating an account so you can get the direct link..

EDIT: For your video/main room, you kind of just copied the metro theater map a little... Maybe change it up a little bit? But that's just my suggestion...

-Josh
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 02:41
Here is demo, please try it and comment

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TLMSAF7
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 17:24
it was cool. but this is not x10. this is x9 game. I think a mod needs to fix that.plus you will get more people wanting to play this or a least comment.I like the statues.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2011 17:57
Yes, first this game was worked on X10 but later I decided to move on X9. Moderator please fix x10 to x9.
Thank you for comment The full version of game is on the way, I will post some pictures.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 08:09
Red Eye/Deathead.

Please keep your Non constructive posting to yourselves. It serves no purpose other than ti inflame others.

It has been noted against your profiles and will count if theres any more of it towards a slap or further action.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2011 22:30 Edited at: 11th Jul 2011 22:31
Some new pictures of second mission

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2011 02:58
The screens look good, if a little empty. In your most recent screens, the 5th room could be... smaller, or at least a little more cluttered.

On an unrelated note...
Quote: "Red Eye/Deathead.

Please keep your Non constructive posting to yourselves. It serves no purpose other than ti inflame others.

It has been noted against your profiles and will count if theres any more of it towards a slap or further action."

Not to question your judgement, but it wasn't flaming whatsoever. It was playing upon the title, and then playing upon the statement.

Cheesehead for life.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2011 13:06
@Le Shorte :

I will accept your opinion. I will put some more things and I will reduce rooms and I will post some pictures later
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Beno.I just complete my level design tutorial today.I will give you if I had time(Time Is Gold).

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2011 15:23
Quote: "Hello Beno.I just complete my level design tutorial today.I will give you if I had time(Time Is Gold)."

I need that Really.
I expect mail or how will you do that
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 13:09 Edited at: 13th Jul 2011 13:11
Send You The Email

As you know it simple tutorial.But now I just recreate all my tutorial and it will include many more good tips.I will give you if I complete it.(Time Is Gold lol).Trust me,I think this game would be the best game if this game genre is action.I bored with horror but dont worry I will add How To Creat Complex Level Design For Horror Games in another time.

Comment And Critic
The design is good but its bit empty.Try to put the pipe or crate or barrel and many more.I really like Metro Theater Design.I dont know what is wrong with your level design game but I think is good than other newbie.Well Done

Off topic
I remember when I was used UDK for the first time.My design is bad like noob but one of them is give me a nice and clean critic.I dont remember who he's name but he was so nice.I used UDK when I was 17 years old lol.We also like to share idea and chat together.When I found FPSC,my love for UDK is gone because this tool is so easy then I tought.Since then I always concetrated about FPSC.I remember he say like this "If someone say your level design is bad or noob or stupid but just do one thing.Prove that they were all wrong!".Since then I always practice UDK and FPSC.When I was 20 I leave UDK because they were all not nice lol.My first game with FPSC is Code.I got nice critic in TGC forum.So I always practice and practice and suddenly my level design more improved than I thougt.So I created Legacy Warfare.Some of member forum say "This will be the historical sequel" and I dont remember what Butt Monkey say to me but I just remember he say Duke Nukem sequel or something like that(I need to check back my old thread).So I hope you get going well with your project.Now I am using UDK back but dont worry I will still using my lovely FPSC.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 15:31
Quote: "Send You The Email"

Thank to you for mail I will study all of this
Quote: "Comment And Critic"

Your comments and critics are always good. I just get started this second and mission and yes it is a little bit empty. But I will put some stuffs in rooms. Have you tried Metro Theater mission demo ? Thank you for comment and critic
Quote: "Off topic"

Interesting situation and story and of course you have great projects
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 16:06
Sorry for Double Post but I want to now are this pictures any better ?

Better ?
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW IMPROVING MAN!.

I really like 2nd picture but 1st picture why there are to many palette.Ok you are really start improving but the your lighting colour is to blank.Use this hexcode,it will be nice trust me.

27281e

Or maybe you can choose your own colour.GOOD START!.How many level do you want to make?

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 16:47 Edited at: 13th Jul 2011 16:51
Sorry For Double Post

I just remember this design skill was same with me when I was developed Legacy Warfare 1 and 2

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 17:15 Edited at: 13th Jul 2011 17:16
Quote: "WOW IMPROVING MAN!."

Thank you
Quote: "I really like 2nd picture but 1st picture why there are to many palette.Ok you are really start improving but the your lighting colour is to blank.Use this hexcode,it will be nice trust me.

27281e

Or maybe you can choose your own colour.GOOD START!"

Here is diffrent color and I think it is good

Do you like it ?
Quote: "How many level do you want to make?"

I am not decided that yet
Quote: "I just remember this design skill was same with me when I was developed Legacy Warfare 1 and 2"

That is very good thing
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
I think its nice.Well done.

Quote: "I am not decided that yet "

I recommend you to make just 3 level for your first project because this your first project.I really want to see this complete

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 19:47
Quote: "I think its nice.Well done."

Thanks
Quote: "I recommend you to make just 3 level for your first project because this your first project.I really want to see this complete"

I will make 3 levels
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks rather eerie man. Loving the lighting, was it intentional to make it seem to be focusing on the blood splat?

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2011 23:59
Quote: "Looks rather eerie man. Loving the lighting, was it intentional to make it seem to be focusing on the blood splat?"

Yes, I wanted to be eerie and some good sounds in this area will be good. Thanks for lighting, @Leongamerz said that I should fix previously lighting and now I am pleased
This blood splat is my favourite xD
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 01:03
Here are some updates. Same light in all rooms and I put some more stuffs in last room

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey your design is same with me lol.

Ok first open up your setup.ini in main fpsc directory.Find lightmapquality and change it to 32 or 50 then you will have static shadow.FPSC has dynamic shadow but it dont work so good.I see you put some props.Nice One.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 01:55
Quote: "Hey your design is same with me lol."

That is very good thing, because you have some great stuffs.
Quote: "Ok first open up your setup.ini in main fpsc directory.Find lightmapquality and change it to 32 or 50 then you will have static shadow.FPSC has dynamic shadow but it dont work so good.I see you put some props.Nice One.
"

Thanks for that man, now it is a lot better, you are the best

Please guys comment, I need that, I need to improve. Comment please
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 01:59
I would recommend changing the ceiling to something different, as you don't want the ceiling and floor to match.

I also really like the lighting and level design in this, nicely done

-Josh
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 02:04 Edited at: 14th Jul 2011 02:05
Quote: "I would recommend changing the ceiling to something different, as you don't want the ceiling and floor to match."

I will look for some other ceiling, thanks for that
Quote: "I also really like the lighting and level design in this, nicely done "

Thank you, I appreciate your comments
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 02:08
Sure no problem, if you can't find anything else i could really care less if the ceiling and floor match. I just know people will get upset if you don't change it. But i won't mind it

Hope this turns out good!

-Josh
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 06:43
Game looks very nice so far... Not much time now, but I have a few crits (mainly on the overdone shader effects for the chairs in the first level). I'll post in more detail when I get the chance

Cheers,
Anayar

P.S: I see you liked my segment lol... Let me know if you want a shader ready version

For KeithC
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks for that man, now it is a lot better, you are the best

Please guys comment, I need that, I need to improve. Comment please "

No problem.I hope to see the new picture!.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 14:04
Quote: "Sure no problem, if you can't find anything else i could really care less if the ceiling and floor match. I just know people will get upset if you don't change it. But i won't mind it "

I set up new ceiling, diffrent than floor
Quote: "Hope this turns out good!"

It will
Quote: "Game looks very nice so far... Not much time now, but I have a few crits (mainly on the overdone shader effects for the chairs in the first level). I'll post in more detail when I get the chance "

Thank you and I always accept critics, post when you get chance
Quote: "P.S: I see you liked my segment lol... Let me know if you want a shader ready version "

Yes, I want shader ready version, thanks
Quote: "No problem.I hope to see the new picture!."

Here are few more pictures, this room just get started, please tell me if something is wrong and if you like it

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Not nice but.....VERY GOOD.Nothing need to critics anymore so well done you are improve!.Oh man I really cant wait to see 3rd level.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 15:53
Quote: "Not nice but.....VERY GOOD.Nothing need to critics anymore so well done you are improve!.Oh man I really cant wait to see 3rd level."

Thank you Do you maybe have any idea for 3rd level ? I would appreciate that
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 17:37 Edited at: 14th Jul 2011 17:45
Maybe 3 level you can put several enemy including the boss for the last stage.I can make you a segment with high quality texture if you want?.

TIPS
Right click on your boss you select.Find isobjective and put number 2 on it.Its mean when the boss die your player will win.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 17:44
Quote: "Maybe 3 level you can put several enemy including the boss for the last stage.I can make you a a segment with high quality texture if you want?"

Of course that I want that man, I will be very grateful to you Yes I will put something like a mad boss.

Man I am going really fast and I think good
New three pictures, nothing special but I just want to show how I am going.

Like them, comment
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 17:47 Edited at: 14th Jul 2011 17:49
Hey thats nice.Ok I will make it now.

TIPS
Right click on your boss you select.Find isobjective and put number 2 on it.Its mean when the boss die your player will win.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 17:53
Quote: "Hey thats nice.Ok I will make it now."

Thank you man for doing all this for me and for giving me motivation to continue this work
Quote: "TIPS
"

I will do that, thanks Probably, I will take monsters from Viral Outbreak but I am not sure
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 21:38
Okay, another room is finished, for me one of the best
Again, please comment guys, I need that because this is my first game.
Thank you !

Comment
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... everything seems the same, mix the segment and lighting a bit...

Lets get into serious stuf
--------------------------------------
What about the blue text?.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 23:02
Quote: "Hmm... everything seems the same, mix the segment and lighting a bit...
"

I will mix segments, but I am not sure for lights, thank you for comment
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 12:06 Edited at: 15th Jul 2011 12:09
It looks good, but I don't like your light sources. They don't fit with the rest of the scenes, in my opinion - In the last screens you have worn, damp, crumbling walls, a roaring fire, wooden beams and... White modern lighting? Justify the entity choice however you want, but the model simply does not fit. Perhaps use a WWII light source instead of a Sci-Fi one, or use something else which matches with the old fashioned decor.

The room with the skeleton in it looks ok, however it looks like you've neglected its size and decorated it without making use of the second story. That room is huge, but there is no consistency in entity placement around the walls. The lights and doorways are all stuck at one end, there is a huge star at the other end which just looks odd and there is also a line running along the top of the first story segment which should really run across the top of the second. It just looks too random. If you want to keep the room that big, you need large, symmetrical decorations - like large columns protruding from the walls, with the star right in the middle of the room and one the second story segment. It looks like it could be a very grand room, but you've decorated it as if it were much smaller.

Finally, I agree with the previous comment that your lighting and segments are getting far too samey. You can change the lighting by coming up with different sources, such as moonlight coming through windows, candles flickering etc. An example would be that huge fire you have in one of your screens - use it to light the room instead of the boring old clinical lighting. I look at these screens and already they are getting bland, largely due to the segments and lighting. While you may like the consistency of having the same type of lighting in every room, you need to think of the player. This is supposed to be a game - It needs to be kept fresh so that the player doesn't get bored. That doesn’t mean you should have a different colour in every single room – tasteful level and lighting design is the key. Don’t say you can’t change the lighting in different rooms – you absolutely can, and anyone who says otherwise is a bit lazy.

This may give you some inspiration. Have a look at page 2.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=25&t=173300&p=2
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 17:59
I have not taken the time to read all of Butt monkey's post, so this may have been covered, but here I go. It appears as if your entity placement is not realistic and illogical. I mean, in the latest screenshot, who puts a pipe going straight up the corner of a room with another pipe crossing it, on both sides of the room? And why are there mattresses EVERYWHERE in these screen shots? Lastly, take a look up at your ceiling. Changes are, each room is lit by one central light, with possibly some smaller light sources around the room (clock, monitor, TV, lamp, window, etc.). Most of the time, indoors, these lights are on the ceiling of the room, not on the wall, as this would not allow as much illumination per light source. So, I think you should go back and re-light your rooms. Mind you, if you feel like having the eerie multi-sources-of-small-lights-in-a-room effect, then use those other sources of lights that I listed, as those are realistic and you can be creative with them.

Well, my rant is over, your game has a great start and I look forward to see what you come up in the future. Consider Life Is Hard added to my "Check for Updates Frequently" list.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2011 14:31
Quote: "Butt monkey"

I readed all of your text and there is lot of information that you gave to me, this text is very useful and thank you for comment. This is my first game and I just want to learn all good things for FPSC

Quote: "darimc"

Just what I said for Butt monkeys post, very useful information both of you gave to me, and I will try to do this things in game. Thank you

I just want to say that i stopped doing game for few days but now I will try to do few more things. I lose inspiration and I do not know what to do but I will try to make something good
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2011 19:42
So I changed some things in last room and I removed boring lights all over room. Source of light is from huge fire and from lamp
Please have in mind, that resolution of my monitor is very bad and pictures may be very bad, but game on my computer looks prety good

Comment, I will post some more pictures from rooms that i re-done
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2011 21:08
I made a lot of changes in room with skeleton. These lights are little bit strange but I will try to make this better. Maybe I will put video to show how are things going I hope that you like these changes and as you can see I remove these boring white modern lighting. These changes are for critics from @Butt monkey and @darimc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:04:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:04:36