Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sprite Sheet

Author
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 04:30
I know this is a big favor to ask for but would anyone mind making me a sprite sheet of a scientist? Animations needed: Standing, running Left, running Right, and jumping. Im making an iPhone app.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 10:26
In Google I typed in "scientist sprite sheet" and it came up with this:

You can use that while you develop the game but you have to change it to a custom sprite sheet before you sell it.

the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 08:15
hay how on dark basic pro can i use 2d spirit sheets i would like to know and yes i am a noob when it comes to this

>>-->
Vitamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, that looks like a sprite sheet from a game series called "Metal Slug."
Vitamin
Years of Service
User Offline
To use a spritesheet, do this:

"Filename" refers to the location of the spritesheet, "bitmapNumber" is a number that you assign to it to keep it in memory. If you assign it a 0, it will draw the bitmap to the screen. Next, you specify an image colorkey:

...In that example it's set to white, which means that when images are pulled from the spritesheet, the color white will not be shown. You do this to prevent the spritesheet's background color from surrounding the image. To pull an image from the spritesheet...

...Where "imageNumber" just refers to a number (can't be 0) to keep the image, and "left,top,right,bottom" are the coordinates in the spritesheet where the image is located. That part works identically to drawing a box in DB.
Only problem is, that method of getting an image only gets one image at a time. The spritesheet that Grog Grueslayer provided looks like it has every single image spaced the exact same amount of pixels between each one. So, let's say for example that you wanted to pull the melee attack animation, which consists of three frames. And, just as an example, assume that the starting coordinates for that animation are (0,400), and that each frame is about 35 pixels wide and 45 pixels tall. You would replace the "get image" code above with this:

Now you have your images, and can delete the bitmap and set the screen as the current bitmap:

This is what it looks like altogether:

There you go. BAM
the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 03:49
thanks so if im going to get some of the net do i justpast them in paint sop and use them

>>-->
the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 04:41
oh and if a program that dose not cost much is out in the net that i can make my own plz tell me

>>-->
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 16:59 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 16:59
I think Gimp can do it, I've never used it. I make sprites with Anim8or which is a 3D package, that might be too hard for a beginner, but they are both free.

the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 00:38
thanks man

>>-->

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:16:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:16:48