Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / New to forum, just wanted to say hi!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I tried developing games in XNA, found the key to game development was media, animation... At least for me that is where the time sink was.

So I took a couple of years and learned how to draw and animate in Blender... Now I have a good mix of assets I want to use in Blender.

Came by here the other day, saw the deal for $50, and jumped in.

So for my first post, I just want to say hi... Also, and I realize there is a commercial vibe going on here, but is there any primer anywhere for what I need to do to migrate my assets from Blender to Dark Basic...
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 01:29 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2011 19:01
Quote: "...found the key to game development was media, animation... At least for me that is where the time sink was."

I would agree, the programming part is the "easy" part - at least the part that can be about the same every time.

Quote: "Also, and I realize there is a commercial vibe going on here"

Probably more of a hobbyist vibe.

Quote: "but is there any primer anywhere for what I need to do to migrate my assets from Blender to Dark Basic..."

Take a look at this link from the 3d board on these forums:

Blender to Direct X

If you are using DarkBASIC Classic check out the following link:

Animating with Blender and DBC

Enjoy your day.
Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 04:36
Quote: "...found the key to game development was media, animation... At least for me that is where the time sink was."

Quote: "I would agree, the programming part is the "easy" part..."

Really? I find the media part easier. Of course, I am an artist/musician.

But, yes, Latch is right, we are very much a hobbyist vibe. Welcome to the DB community, Greg. If you have anymore questions, all you need is to ask.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Really? I find the media part easier. Of course, I am an artist/musician"

Everybody has their strengths! Since 3d game creation is such a creative endeavor, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people on these forums had some sort of artistic inclination; writing, music, visual art...

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:54:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:54:02