Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / compilation error, blank souce file,access violation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 02:44 Edited at: 27th Jun 2011 02:50
Standard IDE, DBP 1.077

i tried to compile and got an error. something about using a variable "for" and seeming to appear at some random place in the code, perhaps after a remend.

Looking for an error i see that one of the source files in the project (not main) is blank, but looking to the .dba outside of DBP, it is fine.

I then tried to delete this file from the .dbpro via the right window in the IDE. Afterwards i get popups:

---------------------------
DarkBASIC Professional Editor
Access violation at address 02893FF4. Read of address 02893FF4.
OK

pressing ok / `x` closes the window, but another pops up about a second later.

Will next try making a new project.

edit: getting same error to before:
DarkBASIC Professional Editor
Variable 'for' name is not valid at line 5666.
OK

strangely if i put whitespace above the point where it says the error is, the line it has a problem with remains the same number (a different command is highlighted)
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 03:25
problem solved, sort of. I'd made a load of mistakes in a function. even though the function was remmed out (remstart, remend), it still messed up compilation! possibly because of brackets.

Here's the offending function that caused all the trouble. Note that the lines the compiler claimed were at fault were way after this!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:22:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:22:04