Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Problem with character controller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have problems to set the box of character controller to a imported object.
The problem is that the program builds the box under the object and not around it.

This is a picture of what happens:

how i can fix this?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 17:32
You may be able to use 'offset limb' using limb 0 which is the whole object.

It's a bit of a hack and may lead to other issues down the line, or maybe not. One thing you will need to check is if the character ever gets culled while it's still on screen.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 14:17 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2011 14:20
Hi cecco4

As Matty said, offsetting limb zero will fix the problem; also; you could offset the Y axis parameter of the [phy make box character controller] function.

But is the 3D model's origin in the centre of its geometry? For example, if you use Blender or a similar editor; when selecting the object, the (red, green and blue) transform (arrowed) widget should appear in the middle.

The following demonstrates offset limb, where object 1 is left alone, object 2 is offset in the Y axis half way and object 3 is offset in the Y axis by one unit. In your case, you probably need to lower the limb using zero minus object height in the Y axis parameter of your [offset limb] or [phy make box character controller] function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:15:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:15:39