Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Freezing Player in x10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2011 17:28
I need to lock the player in a position and orientation (i.e. no keyboard or mouse movement) for a level and I can't find anyway to do it.

I see in the community guide a command for plrfreeze=1 and also a plrdisable. But these do not appear to work in x10 and they are not in the x10 manual.

Using an invisible wall will not cut it. I need them completely immobile.

Any clues??
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 22:34
Plrdisable does that, and should work. If not, then I don't know what to tell you.

Cheesehead for life.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 23:52
Maybe I'm not using it correctly but I added it to a trigger zone and it did nothing.

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:plrdisable

I got a hack working that plystire posted back in 2004 or something. But it is ugly. It essentially causes an entity to follow the player then tells the player to move to the entity. However, it doesn't really disable the mouse, it causes the screen to "rattle" back and forth when you use the mouse.

Worst case, I guess that will have to do but it's definitely wonky.
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 20:44 Edited at: 6th Jul 2011 22:07
I had a look though the fpi conditions and actions, there are no plrdisable/plrfreeze commands sadly. I remember trying to make a plrfreeze like script but I had no luck. I'll have another go and if it it works I'll post it here. I may just suggest this to budokaiman for mystic mod though; unless you do first

[center]

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 18:15
Thanks guys.

How bizarre that they would not implement this in x10 when it appears they developed plrdisable and plrfreeze=x back in 2005. Why not include those commands?

Ah well....
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 22:08
It is indeed most peculiar, also I have had no luck finding a work-around so I'll suggest it for mystic mod.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:28:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:28:33