Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 2 question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2011 02:50
hello, I was wondering if the c++ (tier 2) will be a similar setup as the gdk? Thank you!

sov the game creator!
Dashiznitz
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to know the same. Looking at the documentation it looks like that it is just using the new syntax for the agk functions.

-Trying to get better
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 20:56
Yes, it is pretty similar to Dark GDK. Here's a small example showing the basic program layout:

Syntax is fairly close to what you already know using the ID system for sprites and music etc. Some changes include a namespace being used (to avoid conflicts) and the ability to have an ID number returned automatically. If you're quite familiar with Dark GDK it won't take you long to get up and running with AGK.

We currently have templates and projects for Visual Studio, Samsung Bada IDE, Meego and Xcode (iOS and Mac OS). An update is on the way that includes improved projects for Visual Studio and fixes issues on 2008 and 2010 Express editions.
Dashiznitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks... exactly what I needed to know. I'm very familiar with the Dark GDK. This made my decision on buying the package.

-Trying to get better

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:55:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:55:57