Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Anayar's 3D Media Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2011 13:04 Edited at: 19th Jul 2011 13:07
Hey Guys,

I dont think Ive ever posted a thread in the 3D Section... anyways, decided it was high time I bought 3DS Max this week and have been modelling with it now for less than 72 hours. Luckily it is extremely easy to get the hang off (IDK, maybe its because I have a few years previous experience). Anyways, all models in this thread are made by me in the past 72 hours in 3DS Max.

Im posting these here because I wanted soem feedback specifically about my modelling skills... If I posted this in the FPSC Section like i usually do, all I would get is a bunch of "good job"'s or "I dont like it"'s. I am hoping for some good crit which i know many of the guys on this board can give. Thanks for taking the time guys, and Ill respond to you all tomorrow... got to go ctach a train now

Possibly (in the future) Commercial Work{
Bed:

Bedside Table:

Chair:

Console V1:

Console V2:

Console V3:

Desk:

Phone:

Television:

Remote Control:

Television Stand (Animated):

Bed (Unfinished):

Commercial Work

The Diamonds are dull because my laptop couldnt handle Caustic Light calculations. When i get back home from my vacation and have the horsepower of my desktop I will post a render with FULL effects

Animated Props for FPSC

Random Stuff

Was that enough of an image bombardment lol ... Anyways, like I said, Im hoping for some good crit like the stuff Ive seen on many threads here... Thanks!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2011 15:43
Well... this was a dissapointment ... I get off the train and see no comments Maybe you guys didntget a chance to see this thread yet?? Anyways, Im still hoping for some honest feedback... better late than never

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2011 16:26
I like the consoles and the desk,the reflections give them a Duke Nukem:Forever-ish look.

Not quite sure about the chest for FPSC though.Seems like you used one texture and stretched it over the sides.I suggest you re-map the whole thing and start the texture from scratch.

The consoles could use some smoothing groups.

Good to know you finally got 3ds max,did you follow my advice?

Samotnijat vylk nasred gorata.
-3D,2D Artist,Animator,Web developer and Programmer.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2011 18:32 Edited at: 20th Jul 2011 20:30
I can always count on you to comment Gencheff! Thanks a bunch mate

Quote: "I like the consoles and the desk,the reflections give them a Duke Nukem:Forever-ish look."

Yeah, me too... I think the clean look fits them

Quote: "Not quite sure about the chest for FPSC though.Seems like you used one texture and stretched it over the sides.I suggest you re-map the whole thing and start the texture from scratch."

Well the thing isnt UV Mapped lol... I just applied a box texture and edited the UV Settings with the UV Map modifier... It was just a test and will be a freebie so Im not going to bother, but for future models I will definitely keep that in mind

Quote: "The consoles could use some smoothing groups."

Which parts of the consoles did you think needed them? Because IMO overall it looks pretty smooth

Quote: "Good to know you finally got 3ds max,did you follow my advice?"

Yeah, FINALLY lol Anyways, no, sorry mate, I have a cousin workign for Autodesk and he gave me a HUGE concession on Max 2010

Thanks again for the C&C bro... appreciate it!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2011 19:03
Quote: "I have a cousin workign for Autodesk"

You lucky bastard lol.Congratulations.

About the smoothing groups , this is what I mean :

I can see every polygon,which isn't a bad thing,but if you are going for the overall smooth look you should fix that as well.

Samotnijat vylk nasred gorata.
-3D,2D Artist,Animator,Web developer and Programmer.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2011 20:51
Quote: "You lucky bastard lol.Congratulations."

I know right LOL, thanks mate!

Quote: "I can see every polygon,which isn't a bad thing,but if you are going for the overall smooth look you should fix that as well."

Shoot! Howd I miss THAT in the render Yeah, totally, Ill fix it tom. lol Thanks mate!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2011 07:02 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2011 07:11
i really like the consoles and the rolling storage cabinets the best i think. it all has a great sleek feeling to it.

the ring needs a lot of work though. I'd really recommend looking at some photo's of diamonds and jewelry for reference. Cut diamonds are generally flat (table) on top (crown) and come to a point on the bottom (pavilion) the other facets are smaller and arranged in a rather specific pattern to best handle light internally. A sphere like that will have enormous leakage out every facet and always appear lifeless and glass-like.

Also, your mounting has no prongs or setting of any sort to actually hold the diamond to the ring.

edit: here's one i did for one of the compo's on here a while back, should explain what i mean better

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2011 08:55
Quote: "i really like the consoles and the rolling storage cabinets the best i think. it all has a great sleek feeling to it."

Thanks mate!

Quote: "the ring needs a lot of work though. I'd really recommend looking at some photo's of diamonds and jewelry for reference. Cut diamonds are generally flat (table) on top (crown) and come to a point on the bottom (pavilion) the other facets are smaller and arranged in a rather specific pattern to best handle light internally. A sphere like that will have enormous leakage out every facet and always appear lifeless and glass-like."

Agree 100%... seeing as it was one of my first models in max Im not too dissapointed lol Anyways, thanks for the GREAT crit Ortu!

May I ask what you created and rendered that in? Because that just looks sick Better than anything Ive done lol...

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2011 23:02
It's all in blender. The gold is a material rather than an image texture, for the diamonds I textured the bottom using a photo image and set the top to 0 alpha but ramped up the specular opacity and refraction to give the whole thing a feeling of clear depth.

It's an easy trick if you know they will only be seen from the top as the back appears flat and dull. I've been working with node materials to try to get a good effect without the image texture so they can be viewed from any angle at any time, but so far I havn't gotten a dispersion quality that can match the image trick.

true diamonds take in light through the crown, reflect it internally over and over, dispersing it into spectral colors each time until it ideally passes back out through the crown to the eye, this internal handling gives them their brilliance and fire. When a diamond is poorly cut, light escapes through the sides and bottom without all the internal play and it looks dark and dull and that's the problem i've been running into with 3d materialsand shaders... can't quite replicate that internal dispersion other than with some clever faking.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 12:05 Edited at: 4th Aug 2011 12:07
Alright, havent updated this thread in a while. Ive been hard at work on a Free Weapons pack for the FPSC community. You can view the thread here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186647&b=24

Anyways, IMHO Ive improved tremendously since the start of this pack:
At the beginning: These were all made with Milkshape

Now (The newest additions): These were all made with 3DS Max 2010
UMP 45:

Enfeild SA80 (Still a HEAVY WIP modelling). I plan to block out the models first and then mess with he Extrude modifiers to get the correct shape/size:

For KeithC
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow your models always the best!.Have A Great Day

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 04:27
holy catfish! them scifi models are freaking awesome! i would pay for a pack like that in FPSC!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 07:08
Quote: "Wow your models always the best!.Have A Great Day
"

And your comments are always the best! Thanks Leon!

Quote: "holy catfish! them scifi models are freaking awesome! i would pay for a pack like that in FPSC! "

LOL, well soon enough they are going up on Turbosquid. We can work out a deal though

Here is somethign I whipped up yesterday. A character study, namely my FIRST. Please dont be too harsh and give me some good crit.
I am aware of the flipped hand... I have already fixed it

AO bake:

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 07:35
The arms don't have much of an elbow and there is a pretty noticable seam where the hands join. The shirt it self is pretty good but could use some assymetry in the folds and creases instead of being a perfect mirror. The pants as well.

The torso may be -very- slightly too bulky for the limbs, but then it looks ok from the back view so may just be the angle on the fronts.

It's a good start, I'm looking forward to seeing the head

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 14:37
pretty nice, but, double check the left palm ^^

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 09:24
Quote: "The arms don't have much of an elbow and there is a pretty noticable seam where the hands join. The shirt it self is pretty good but could use some assymetry in the folds and creases instead of being a perfect mirror. The pants as well."

Well i was planning on adding creases, muscles and more details in Sculptris/Zbrush so... Ill post a detail shot in the next few updates

@Hassan: The hand has been fixed. Thanks for posting

Fixed;
1. Arm seams
2. Flipped Hand
3. Some Normal Errors

Added;
1. Shoes/Boots
2. Knee Pads
3. Pistol/Knife holsters'

Alright, so in this update Ive started adding the soldiers armor. The knee pads and holsters. Let me know what you think The heads going to come next... I just found a really good tut

Plain render;No AO (IMO looks better ):

Render with AO Bake:

C&C is appreciated.

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 11:31
Added a head... whew. Now to add all the accesories and finish mapping him

Please let me know what you think! the crit is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 11:36
nice, good proportions too.

The head doesn't appear to join with the neck well, is he wearing some kind of neck attire or should that be fixed?

Poloflece

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 12:05
Quote: "The head doesn't appear to join with the neck well, is he wearing some kind of neck attire or should that be fixed?"

Thats a small seam where i joined the head and neck. The head was modeled seperately so I had to do a little bridging/target welding to attach them...

It wont appear after the model is mapped though

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 22:11
Anyways, UPDATE TIME again;

Fixed;
1. Some Mesh Smooth Errors
2. Some Normal Errors

Added;
1. Gloves
2. Elbow Pads

Added some gloves and shoulder pads to the model... overall this is shaping up nicer than i thought Im also working on a female model... I might post a render today depending on how much i get done

C&C is greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 22:12
Double post FTW!

UPDATE TIME;(again )
BIG UPDATE: Made a new female character model... shes lookign better than i had hoped so far

Here she is... shares the same armor as Mr. Soldier next to her They are together to show the size proportions.

And here are some shots of just her;

Alright, now I got to figure out how to model a female head... oh well, Ill figure it out

C&C is REALLY appreciated on the new model

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:25:24