Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Ques. Can i export Models not Textured In Uv Maps ? - Blender

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey !!!

as my title says can i export models made in blender but not in uv all tutorials give how to export in it uv mapping

or please give me a good tutorial in uv mapping and how to export it in .x format

Ty Bye !!!

Am the original Game Builder ... Stop Looking At my Sig.

GregA
Years of Service
User Offline
With Blender 2.5+ you need to turn the .x exporter on in Blender.

You find that in File-User Preferences-Add Ons-ImportExport then scroll down the list until you find Import-Export DirectX Model Format. Click the CheckBox, then make sure you save your defaults or it will uncheck everytime you make a new project.

Also... Makeing uv maps in Blender is a huge topic... And Blender is super finicky about having everything set just so to get your texture ready to paint...

Anyhow, this wiki book is my goto guide for Blender questions...

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/UV_Map_Basics
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 15:35
/offtopic
Please... for the sake of the forum, use come commas? The way you speak makes me really agrivated. Also please, when expressing feeling, do not use more than one exclamation mark, only one is needed. Also, do not say bye, this is an open question, it's like your saying "Hey! what's your name? Bye!". The way you type looks like your a 10 year old girl, this is not a Facebook chat, use proper grammar. Thank you.
/offtopic

anyways, UV Maps are automatically exported within the DirectX file format. It's all a matter of actually texturing the mapped model. I would suggest following GregA's link, it can probably explain it better than i would be able to. Also, Texture paint is very useful in UV Mapping, just mark on the faces you want to texture and those marks will show up on your UV Map texture and will make it less of a guess and more precision. that's how i usually map most of my models.

[img]ftp://travisabyssASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/My Pictures/Twisted Reality sig.png[/img]
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
@GregA

Thnx Mate i will see the link right now

@travix gatlin

about that offtopic it's non of your job to talk about how i talk or how i write you just keep your advices for your self please and dont come out pretending that you know everything about talking NON OF YOUR BUSINESS -.-

i know that uv map thing i want to know how to export a model which is not textured in uv mapping that's what i want :/

GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys how to export a model which is not textured in uv mapping is it that hard

fast please guys i have many models to do :/

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 06:12
That is easy. if you want to export a model that is not textured using UV Mapping, simply don't texture the object. Or if you mean, you want to remove the UV Mapping then export the model, all you have to do is go to the object's options (the little square tab) then there should be a little window that has some text in it that says the name of your UV Map, all you have to do is click the x beside that little square and all UV Mapping is gone.
Don't double post next time.

[img]ftp://travisabyssASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/My Pictures/Twisted Reality sig.png[/img]
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "About that offtopic it's none of your job to talk about how I talk or how I write, you just keep your advices for your self please and dont come out pretending that you know everything about talking. It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS -.-"

I couldn't resist But seriously mate, I typed like you at one point and now that I look back on it, it makes me feel like a complete idiot. Learn to type if you want people to take you seriously.

---
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 03:37
flame war incoming
i can see a mod coming to lock it already =p

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 05:40
Quote: "Learn to type if you want people to take you seriously.
"

I tried to tell him\her but some people are just stubborn like that.

GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
why dont you people just shut up and i will ask a mod to lock this thread

and mike " learn to type " did i make any mistake here or you just wanted to post a comment like an idiot ?

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Erm... I'm a idiot for fixing your mistakes?

And you did make alot of mistakes

Quote: "Why dont you people just shut up and I will ask a mod to lock this thread.

And Mike "learn to type" did I make any mistakes here or did you just want to post a comment like an idiot?"

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm trying to help, you need to realise that typing effects how people view you. If you type like a 3 year old no one will care about what you want to ask or what you have to say, I learned the hard way, if you listen you won't have to.

---
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Man you are Correcting The Capital Letters Just Shut Up Man Please

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 11:34 Edited at: 31st Jul 2011 11:46
mike5424 you've got mistakes there, too, and capital letters are not an issue on forums, maybe he should stop posting as if it was instant chat, but fix your mistakes before fixing his......unless we're in an English class!
alright so today we'll be fixing mistakes, you fix one, you get a point, you fix a correct thing, or let's say, try to, you lose a point!
Quote: "
Erm... I'm an idiot for fixing your mistakes?

you did make alot of mistakes:

Quote: "..."

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm trying to help, you need to realize that typing affects how people view you. If you type like a 3 year old no one will care about what you want to ask or what you have to say, I learned the hard way, if you listen you won't have to.
"

*sarcasm*

GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Hassan Ty For Backup anta masry ?

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Hahaha, well you got me with the an and affect, realise is also acceptable as far as I know of.
Quote: "maybe he should stop posting as if it was instant chat"

That's basically all I'm trying to say, and alot of forums do care about capital letters, I may sound like I'm trying to be the bad guy but in all honesty I just want to help. I'll just shut up now

---
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 22:32
Oh well. Back to the subject, Game Builder, did you ever get your problem fixed?

>>>>>LOOK HERE<<<<<<<<<<<

just got your attention, didn't i?
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
no xD
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 09:19
Then refer to the 6th post in this thread, that explains how.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 16:20
mike5424 - I've slapped you for 7 days. There is just no need to be this rude to people. There is a right way and a wrong way to help someone.
You've been slapped as this isn't your first, normally I would have just given you a warning.

Same warning goes to you travis gatlin, although you haven't been slapped.

GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
BigAdd Thanks For Backup

Oh Then He Was Slapped Once He just Cant Stop It
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 18:49
Sorry, i was having a bad day and was tired. Won't Happen again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:19:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:19:24