Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Dark Phenomenon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 03:46 Edited at: 17th Aug 2011 15:06
[x9] DP

Name of game: Dark Phenomenon

Story line:
A dark phenomenon happens and you've been left behind and locked up in a very big and dark mansion because people thought that you're already dead. The only words that is popping out of your mind is darkness, blood, and fear. But of course instead of dying without doing nothing, you decided to battle your fears and make your way out of the mansion. There are no clues, that is why your on your own. Look for keys and face the terror that awaits. Tip: do not waste your bullets and do not forget to save your game.

Best played at night with lights off and with a headset!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

game trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYa0u6TRUpU

To mod, kindly lock this trash. As I move forward on learning fpsc, I noticed that this first game of mine was a trash. Sad being noob! Please lock this...

If there is no way, then we create our own!
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 05:16
I shall help you out a little alright?

1. Make an account on imageshack and upload the pictures
2. Copy the DIRECT LINK
3. Come back to the forums and edit your post
4. Remove the links you have, and click the Image button
5. Paste in the DIRECT LINK and then save your post

You shall now have pictures in your post

Now i shall grade the actual game, from the screenshots it looks really bland. Like there is really nothing, it's just a dark hallway with a dead guy.

I have seen these types of games done so much in FPSC it's not even funny. Once i have finished downloading the game i will edit my post and give more feedback. Sorry if that is harsh, im not trying to be mean im just posting my thoughts.

Why don't you have a look at some other games in the WIP section or even the showcase section to get IDEAS for your games. Now that doesn't mean copy what you see, it means look at what others have done and try to improve your game using methods others have done such as lightmapping and shaders, etc.

Hope this helps!

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 13:26
it's ok, hehe, actually I am really trying to learn a lot, I have tried lots of game creating engines but it did not work for me. In fpsc, it gives me new hope... O by the way, I would like to migrate from 1.18 to x10, is it possible to use my 1.18 model packs to x10? Thanks for the honest feedback and the tutorial. I will do it immediately. Now that I am familiar with fpsc, I am planning to create a more complex game and I think it would take half a year, I will make the story more good and make more levels and good graphics, I will also try to make my own models. Again thank you so much. Your feedback was greatly appreciated, in that way of feedback, it will surely make me study hard on game making industry. Thank you so much!

Effective, Efficient, Capable and Committed... That's me!
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 19:15
Sure no problem man!

My opinion, stick with x9 1.18. Im not going to lie it is a lot better than x10. Well, i can't really say it's better. Both are good for different things, also x10 needs a pretty powerful computer to run it. X9 currently has pretty much the same graphics as x10, x10 just has a lot a shaders i think.

Yes, you can use the modelpacks in x10 i think. I would ask someone else that knows x10? Maybe go to the x10 section of the forums and post something there?

Hope this helps, and good luck on future games!

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 04:59
Oh, I see, so I think it is really better to stick with x9 for now, your more experienced than me so I will go with your opinion, and I have tried x10 yesterday and I have a problem on the light settings, at first I run test the game, the lights are good and the ambiance is great then when i re test it, all became dark, and I really do not know what happen. I tried to adjust it, but when re-test it again, it's dark again, so I guess, I will stick with x9 for now. By the way thanks for the plenty of advice and very honest feedbacks, I really appreciate it. And uhmm, Do you think its possible for me to sell the next game that I will create? Since the first game is free. The next game is a bit more challenging and fun and a unique kind of fps game =)). Again, thank you and hope to see more of you in the near future and hope to see some games that you created.

Effective, Efficient, Capable and Committed... That's me!
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice story.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 14:54
@Exu Corporations

I am sorry man, X9 does NOT have nearly the same graphics as X10.

I have both (because X9 come free when you buy X10) and the difference is incredible. X9 seems really blocky and 'bitmap-ish' compared to X10. Although, i'm not going to lie, X10 has it's flaws! there are still a few bugs that need to be looked at and it doesn't get any necessary tech support that X9 gets. Having said that 'The Next and Budokaiman have - in my opinion - saved the X10 engine with their mod (Mystic Mod). They are sorting it out and listen to what all X10 users need to make it better.

Most of your model packs will work with X10, but, you will need to install them again. When you do, there is an option, 'Install for X9 or X10. Just choose the X10 option.

If you are looking for better looking games, then X10 is the obvious answer.

Sorry man, not being slanderous or mean, just giving my honest opinions and feedback from being an X9 and X10 user.

@Tinker - Sorry for going sooo off topic.

Your game is looking OK, but, as Exu Corporations said, you need to get your screen shots sorted and add some more entities to add atmosphere and interest to your levels. Nice HUD. your work? But, good start man.

Unfamillia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:07:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:07:35