Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / How to achieve plrfreeze in x10 (kinda solved)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 22:29
Eventually I will get around to formally documenting all these things but in the meantime I will at least post them here so people can find them through the search.

plrfreeze and plrdisable=1 do not work in a non-modified version of x10. However, you can disable locomotion (but not orientation using this technique).

This solution must be implemented after a build and involves editing the setup.ini file.

1) Go to Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables\YourGameTitle\Files and locate "setup.ini". Copy and paste the file and rename the copy "setup_old.ini" or something similar. We do this so we have a backup of the original settings in case we mess things up.

2) Open "setup.ini" in notepad. And find the following lines:
key1=17
key2=31
key3=30
key4=32
key5=57
key6=46
key7=28
key8=19
key9=16
key10=18
key11=42

3) Delete on each line the number that follows the "=" operator so that it looks like this:
key1=
key2=
key3=
key4=
key5=
key6=
key7=
key8=
key9=
key10=
key11=

4) Save the file and run your game.

The player will still be able to look around, click on things, and use the mouse. If you have scripts that utilize SCANCODEKEYPRESSED=X, they WILL still work.

Please let me know if you find any errors in my post and feel free to ask any questions concerning this or other issues and I will do my best to help you.

Cheers,
SREALIST

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:34:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:34:31