Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D Modeling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 14:23
Ok I want to get into making models for FPS Creator, but I don't know what software would be good for me since I have no experience modeling. I only know level design and basic scripting.

So anyone know what would be good?

Z_E
Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
i would suggest going to the great graphic resource thread. and looking at the free 3D modeling programs.

than go to the 3D tutorial section of the same thread. and just kinda pick a simple looking tutorial to follow. most programs have basic ui tutorials that you will find some where on their site that will help you with that if you don't find any tutorials for your program. you will still learn a lot from tutorials even if they aren't specific to your program.

basically just start making stuff. as you get better with the program start using reference images and try getting details more precise. and that's about it. other than just working on the models and continuing to model.

(don't be afraid to ask specific questions)

and also as to actual programs Blender has a Great community that would be very capable of helping you get started if you choose to use blender.

[url]http://myportfolio.x10hosting.com/[url]
visit my site.(still in progress)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:06:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:06:38