Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DBP] Mathematrix - Online maths game

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 04:36 Edited at: 31st Aug 2011 14:05

Enter the Transister Arena, a virtual environment operated by the robots. The system is in its development stage that challenges your control skills and mathematical prowess. As the intelligence of the system grows, so will yours.

Download and play [Test version]
Please download the latest version in the list

Progress
Game Mode 1 (TM): 82%
Game Mode 2 (BR): 40%
Game Mode 3 (SB): 25%
TCP Multiplayer: 30%
Email Multiplayer: 60%
User Interface: 40%
Sound: 80%
Installer: 0%
Story: 0%
Characters: 0%
Updater: 0%
Documentation: 25%

Update: 0.497 - 15/08/2011
This update features the foundation for two new game modes, Buffer Rally and Summation Ball.

The elemetary game mode has been named Target Matrix, and is the basis for the other games. In Buffer Rally, you drive into the operator or number selectors, and in Summation Ball, you hit a golf ball into one of a number of holes containing your desired operator or number. Buffer Rally is playable with scores; Summation Ball is in an earlier stage of development and only allows ball hitting at the moment.

Version 0.41 - 01/08/2011
Escape key now correctly exits to the main menu
More time to play has been given by lowering the initial buffer value
Added an improved scoring calculation

Version 0.4
Just spent this week end piecing together the basis of this calculation building mathematical challenge. Exercise your skills whilst trying to reach a given target. Play solo and compete for top scores.

What we have so far; basic menu, basic interface, score submission, full solo game player; email games are not working due to some server work I need to do.

TODO
GUI touch ups
Setup email server [Client ready]
Interface glitch prevention
Performance and file size optimization
Full multiplayer and serverfor a few weeks time
Debugging
Game and display options

Development Notes
Please press ALT+F4 to exit
Please report any bugs with error message and system information

Download and play [Test version]

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Crashed when I had a buffer underun. I cant really grasp the concept of this game. So I do 5 * 5 and get 25. Then I choose a number and that 25 gets changed some how. Is the last operator a constant as in it is used until I choose a new operator?
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 23:40
Hi Stormwire

Sorry to hear about it crashing on your system. This is not the case here; I press spacebar and it starts a new round, no crash. Did you get an error message? If so, what did it say?

I have uploaded an update to the game, but I have not yet figured out what is causing your crash.

Quote: "I cant really grasp the concept of this game. So I do 5 * 5 and get 25. Then I choose a number and that 25 gets changed some how. Is the last operator a constant as in it is used until I choose a new operator?"

Apologies for this, as there was supposed to be a demonstration video, but unfortunately my recording software seems to have a conflict with this particular game; I have a feeling it is to do with the MP3 functions.

Back to your question;

Operators are always discarded after use, and are replaced with operators picked immediately after. Operators always calculate on the sum with the next single number selection. So, selecting 4 then / then + then 20 will become 24; because the division operator is replaced by the plus, and 2 is added to 20. The latest update gives you more time to grasp the game, the key is to get rid of the high numbers, question marks and divisions early. (Question marks have a number between 0 to 1000)

Numbers are joined to the end of the sum when no operator is selected. Calculations only occur after an operator is selected. So, 5 * 5 will become 25; selecting another 5 will set the sum as 255, picking a 0 will set the sum as 2550.

This applies to the hexadecimal and binary modes. There will also be other game modes in future; along with tutorials.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 04:00 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 04:01
Update: 0.497 [Test version - 1280x1024 ]
This update features the foundation for two new game modes, Buffer Rally and Summation Ball.

The elemetary game mode has been named Target Matrix, and is the basis for the other games. In Buffer Rally, you drive into the operator or number selectors, and in Summation Ball, you hit a golf ball into one of a number of holes containing your desired operator or number. Buffer Rally is playable with scores; Summation Ball is in an earlier stage of development and only allows ball hitting at the moment.

Buffer Rally (Level 1-3 Only)
Drive using [W] or [up] or [Joypad 1]
Turn using [A][D] or [Joypad Left][Joypad Right]
Brake [S] [Down] or [Joypad 2]
Reset (To start for now) [Return] or [Joypad 5]
Camera Height/Zoom [Mouse Wheel] or [Joypad 6][Joypad 8]

Level 2 uses Hexadecimals, Level 3 uses Binary numbers; Seed alters the layout of the course.

The physics is made from scratch using the Sparky's Collision system. It is rough around the edges but it is the early stage of development.

The road course is randomly generated using road blocks placed using the set seed in the menu screen. So far, they are mostly linear and feature placeholder graphics.

Only one vehicle with basic driving mechanics for now...

Summation Ball
Summation Ball just contains a ball that can be hit around. I have created the physics using Sparky's collision, but as you can tell, it is an early stage in its development. Sometimes it appears as though you cannot aim towards a certain direction, this is due to the collision check at the position of the ball causing the arrow to bounce immediately offcourse. There is also minor zoom camera issue and the system does not yet understand how to roll the ball down hills.

There is no 'golf' UI yet, so you need to read the controls above if you have not done so already.

Currently darkness and lack of skybox spoils the view, but this is temporary.

The robots will be used to play the actual golf later in development.

Look [Mouse movement]

Increase power [W] or [Joypad 4]
Decrease power [S] or [Joypad 3]

Increase pitch[Q] or [Joypad 4]
Decrease pitch[E] or [Joypad 3]

Rotate [A][D] or [Joypad Left][Joypad Right] - (Not working well so far)

Swing (Hit) [Spacebar] or [Joypad1]

Zoom [Mouse Wheel] or [Joypad 5][Joypad 6]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:15:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:15:31