Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Where to find tutorials for GDK.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just starting out so I am looking for tutorials that explains what things are doing does anyone know where I can find some? I have been using the ones that come with the download but, having problems with the loading and ndoing what they are soppose to do.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 16:52
The tutorials which would probably help you would mainly be based around the C++ language itself. GDK is a wrapper for the DirectX library which makes using the DirectX stuff so much easier.

Searching around google you will end up finding millions of C++ help and documentation. I always have google open when I'm deep into my programming projects. Sometimes MSDN, sometimes other websites.

Dark GDK does start your project different from other C++ projects as your code will have to start within the void DarkGDK ( void ) function. Everything else from then on carries on as if you were running from main() or something.

Apart from that, as you progress with your own projects the TGC forums are and excellent source of help where required.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
jpedersm
Years of Service
User Offline
So if I just include the dark void function I can use regualar c++. I have been studing c++ for a month now and when I switched over to this engines some codes where new to me. For istance I want to load a level and have it to where I can move the mouse to pan and the arrow keys to move back and forth is there any documation the shows how to do that?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't understan what problems you are having..... It seems like you are having serious problems if you can't even load and run the tutorials. How are you trying to load them? If you don't load them correctly, you will see code, but it won't compile. When you load, make sure you are loading the .sln file.

The fastest code is the code never written.
jpedersm
Years of Service
User Offline
Could it be my laptop being slow? Tongight I will try to download everthing on my destop.
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
Try Youtube

C++ Medium 3.5/5
VB6 Advanced: 4/5
VB.NET Advanced: 4/5
jpedersm
Years of Service
User Offline
Vitinho I am currently working on a 2d game tutorial right now other then a video and everything so far is going alright but, he definitely forgets to add what some of the functions do. By chance do you know of any good tutorials that explains a lot of stuff to beginners?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 19:25:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 19:25:58