Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / strange problem when trying to animate in fragmotion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey !

I was just trying to animate a sword with the help of Design Runner ( tim ) and i faced this problem when i select a bone and move it all the connected bones to it move with it

screenie

how to solve this what to do ?
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys ! this is the 4th problem i leave in the forums and no one answers me :\ you should help n00bs to be modellers please
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 20:31
Be patient mate... Its been less than a day I would help you, but I dont know a thing about Fragmo... best bet is asking Tim

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 23:48
It looks like the model isn't rigged corectly...

Srry about my english im from sweeden
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
@anayar

Tim doesn't know it too

@The Zoq2

I Rigged it 4 times and still the same problem i think it's selection problem :\
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 02:34
well, I don't know fragmotion, but in general your description of what is happening isn't very detailed and is rather confusing. The picture has no real context and tells us little. This makes it such a broad question that it is difficult to even try to give you an answer.

if you are saying that when you move a bone, all connected bones move with it, do you mean both above it and below it in the heirarchy? if you are using forward kinematics, all bones parented to a bone *should* move with it, but not bones behind it in the chain. if you are using inverse kinematics, all the bones in the IK chain will move within their ability to meet your target position.

which bone is the base, and which are you moving, and which move with it? are you using forward kinematic or inverse?

also beyond the bone moving issues, it looks like you have some weighting issues. that bend in the blade for instance, it looks like it is getting pulled between weights towards the bone in the hilt and weights towards the bones in the fingers/hand, or perhaps they are not weighted at all and are in the starting position with only the hilt moving to cause the bend... a screen of the starting position and ending position as well as a description of the bone heirarchy would help us see what was happening better.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:30:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:30:16