Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / First Human Head\body model attempts.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 07:21
Hello, I've been modeling for around 2 or 3 years now. I've improved alot over these years and i really never tried to make a human head or a human body. I believe i did pretty good on the human body, but the heads are something to be desired i think.

Here's the human body, with one of the heads on it.

Here's my first head. Looks like something out of an old PS2 game

Well.. This is a real fail.

This one, i think is the best.

This one, i made today but it seems to look like an old lady.

So i guess that's it, tell me what you think, but keep in mind, these are first attempts.

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks Good

about the belt make it come down alittle it will look better

3rd and 4th head are the best
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 07:52
Thanks, but the pouches aren't a belt. They're meant to be there.

but yeah. I hate the 2nd one lol but i must agree with you about the 3rd and 4th one.

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 08:02
The 2nd has some issues, it looks more like a skull than a head, but I would actually say it seems to have the best over all shape and proportion. The others all have eyes set too wide apart. the distance between the eyes should be the same width as an eye.

For the last one, pull in the eyes and cheeks, and give the mouth some more shape and definition, and pull it up slightly towards the nose and you will be closer to the mark I think.

don't be afraid to throw some extra polies at the nose and eyes to get the curves you need to really sell a face

Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
it is essential to see the wire frames of your models when your asking about help in topology areas. we have to see how you have the actual topology set up and how it flows to be able to criticize it.

also the comments im about to say only apply to the second head.

the eyes and forehead look close at least close enough to be recognizable. the lips need more detail and you need to cut out an area so that you can form actual lips. the nose looks like you just made a nose and stuck it in front of the face if you look at pictures there is almost a band that goes over the nose under the eyes. the only part that forms a sharp edge is at the bottom also the cheeks are essential to give some detail because chances are you want to give some sort of accent for smiling ect if nothing else(or have the option to at least) i can't really say much else without seeing a wire frame of you heads. since i don't really know how you modeled parts i can only guess.

[url]http://myportfolio.x10hosting.com/[url]
visit my site.(still in progress)
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 01:30
Ok, i can provide wireframes.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 03:07 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 03:15
Try to let your edgeloops flow around the natural forms of the face. mouth eyes and nose should all have rings spreading out kind of like a spiderweb. The features will naturally form into these and they deform more naturally when animating.

Here is one i recently did, it's not perfect but you can see what I'm talking about.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 05:19
That looks really good! He has buck teeth though
I don't know if i can do that good at it. I'm not entirely sure how you get the cheekbones, The way i usually make my heads is create the eyeholes first, then the mouth, then form the nose from the edges of the eyeholes, then just fill in from there.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 15:37
Travis, i must ask... are you using any references?

and for the record, I am a man.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 03:40
Yes, I am.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Head modeling

Its a full character modeling tutorial, which is the best going around right now(and for a while).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:56:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:56:09