Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bounding Boxes???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I am new to 3D programming, so I thought I'd make a game that simulates a 2D platformer ( basically a 2.5D game ), but I am having trouble with bounding boxes. I attatched a photo of my models with bounds shown. When I use dbMakeObjectCollisionBox with the bounds set to, well, anything, the box does NOT change... What am I doing wrong?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
The photo did not get attached.

Do you show the collision boxes using dbShowObjectBounds? I found on the forum old bug reports saying that it shows the original bounds of the object, regardless of current collision settings. Maybe it still works that way. Try to detect collisions based on your created box size and check if it gives correct collisions, regardless of the displayed boundaries.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
(You can also try using Sparky's collision library instead of the built-in commands.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 19:21:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 19:21:15