Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / fpscx10 welcome to the change

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 22:11
it has been brought to my attention what else fpscx10 has over fpscx9.that is compatible with windows7.fpscx9 lack this I have test out some fpscx9 game on my windows7 and run into that can't load game.my window7 is up to dated in every way. but I run fpcx10 with no problems.I think when tgc made fpscx10 it was suppose to be the upgrade to fpsc.fpscx10 is not written the same way as fpscx9 just as windows7 is not written the same as windowsxp.old software can be install in windows7 but the upgrade version the the old software works better. if fpscx10 keeps going at this rate it maybe time for the change.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 23:43
I think you are right on many levels in that x9 does not take advantage of the performance capabilities of Windows 7. Of course, a 64-bit version of x10 would do an even better job.

However, you can definitely run x9 .exes on Windows 7. I've done it on multiple machines...granted they were small levels with not much going on but I even got it to run on an Archos Tablet PC with Windows 7 Starter edition. This required me manually adding the dx9 dll to system32 but it worked.

If we keep up like we are going, we will regain the attention of the TGC developers. And so long as Budo keeps working on Mystic Mod, we are good shape.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 02:06
yes I know fpscx9 on window but it not compatible with vista or windows7 like the way fpsx10 is.I ran some old software on window7 but they become buggy.run the same software under xp and get no bugs.my point to this is other engine are compatible and well the new AppGameKit and dark basic pro is window7 compatible.the weak link to this is if you was to sell your game and some payed for it but they use win7 and the game did not work can become bad news.one thing is a must is to make a stable game. you can't sell broken games.some may be able to run your game but the rest will want there money back.other engines are compatible with win7 including fpscx10.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 02:13 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 02:18
Your wrong its is fully compatible with windows 7... I develop with it on windows 7 all the time and every game I make with it works flawlessly... not saying older versions a not windows 7 compatible but 1.18 works better on windows 7 then it does on XP ...

That being said there are some difference in the 2 that make me still prefer X10.... The main is instancing .... X9 simply can't do it... which hurts it a great deal. Also I am liking the direction Mystic mod is taking more so then what has been done in X9.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 13:40 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 13:42
totally agree with squalker, my x9 works very well but it is no where near x10 performance, can have heaps going on with no hassle what so ever.
my only flaw is the texture issue which is a g.card issue ( hd 5850 ) but it still kicks ass, just limited with amounts on same texture, so learnt the cheats way.

which is have multiples of the same entity just named 1,2,3,4 etc
and seems to do the trick.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 19:56
well that maybe true.maybe my windows 7 just dont like fpscx9.for some reason i get that bug when characters run or walk in place.but I,m off that topic on to something new.

it would have been nice if fpsc could work with AGK.game today are about multiple platforms.if people could play your game everywhere it would be more noticeable.everyone still worry about fpsc graphics and direct X 9,10,11.when the biggest thing fpsc lacks is to be able to ply your game on any platform.

@science boy its not you graphic card it fpsc.fpscx9 use to have the same problem.plus i run a 460 geforce card.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:34:20