Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have downloaded Sparky's collision dll and it looks awesome. I have run the sample "release" .exes and they run well. I have tried to compile the code using Visual Studio 2008 Express but a window pops up and gives me this strange error.

The bottom of the error message gives me the option to "Break" or "Continue", of which neither solves the problem obviously.

What does this mean and how am I supposed to fix this? Any answers?

Got some time to kill...? http://www.TheFlashArena.com
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 01:21
I think the function is sc_Start() or something very similar at the top of your code to initialise it. The demo files should have the initialisation command if it's not sc_Start().

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Papa Stiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 01:28 Edited at: 19th Aug 2011 01:29
Quote: "I think the function is sc_Start() or something very similar at the top of your code to initialise it. The demo files should have the initialisation command if it's not sc_Start()."

Yes, I have checked for the initialization using SC_Start(); and it is there. I even simply copy and pasted the code into a new solution thinking perhaps the properties of the original file were different but I got the same error.

I have also created and tested just a simple file (not the original Raycasting.exe) that just included SC_Collision.h and initialized it with SC_Start(); and this did not give me the error.

Any reason why I cannot compile the sample projects?
Papa Stiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 19:40 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2011 19:41
Just to let everyone know, I played around with it some more and I have it working. The previous files must have been corrupt after MVS 2008 asked me to "convert" them from an older solution file. I just created a new project, copied the media over and pasted the source code into a new .cpp and it is working fine that way. (In case anyone else has that error as well with the samples.)

Thank you for the attempted help however.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 19:28:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 19:28:00