Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Dusk (Full Release)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 21:11 Edited at: 27th Sep 2011 21:12
Thanks for the review Wolf. As for this game, I won't be putting up any more support for it.
I also know the game takes a turn after level 3 and indeed that is what I planned to do. Admittedly I rushed the game
after that point. I was having so many errors from FPSC it was overwhelming. Perhaps I could of done it far better
but the real game I wanted to convey died at level 3.

I have a game in mind but with my time being so unpredictable now, I don't know if I will start on it. Next time around
I intend to go the long haul and make an easier and more complete game.

As for Shavra, I don't know if I can do the voices man. I won't have the time or patience to fool with my own game
so I can't really call on anybody elses. I hope you understand.

I also didn't make BOTB, and that is understandable. Given more time and money I will have something (slightly mediocre in plot)
but I think something very worthwhile playing.

Whoever said that Intel graphics fail, obviously never owned a Core i5.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 21:44
Quote: "this game makes me want to kill myself. its so goddamn hard, i didnt get past the first level. i got the number to the phone just i couldnt understand what it was saying then i had nothing to do? :S argh. :L took my like 20mins just to get that far! :L
"

The bookcase... if you want to give it another spin

Quote: "As for Shavra, I don't know if I can do the voices man. I won't have the time or patience to fool with my own game
so I can't really call on anybody elses. I hope you understand."

Thats a pitty...I really liked your performance here. Oh well, thanks for telling me early on

Quote: "Given more time and money I will have something (slightly mediocre in plot)
but I think something very worthwhile playing."

Why money?

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why money?"

Model packs, but I'm sure would be more useful towards my girlfriend anyway.

If a mod would please lock this thread; this and my WIP board. I pretty much done around here and if I do get
more time or money on my hands, I'm almost certain it could be better spent.

Thanks for playing everyone. Bye.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 17:09
why the change of heart?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 21:55 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 21:56
No change of heart; just change of priorities. I don't have the $60+ dollars right now to blow on myself to make a better game, so
I'm not going to do it. I just feel that now since I have a life (not saying anyone here doesn't) my priorities are straighter.

Since I don't have a team to help share the burden with me anyway, I just can't see myself blowing $60+ all for naught.

Sorry if my new found logic offends anyone.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 22:02
You dont really need to buy anything additional

But I understand that you are probably young and on a tight budget.
If you concider game making more of a burden instead of a hobby, I fully understand that you dont want to carry on with it.

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 22:40
Dear @Astek

I fully understand you. The reason I never did put a WIP or Showcase so far, is that I never could bring a single project to a state where I was absolutely sure that it would be a success (I am kind of a perfectionist). And that with spending 10+ hours each week on FPSC

Regarding money - I spent a ton on Model Packs and I bought a lot of Store stuff too and still I got nowhere as far as you did.

Please forgive me, if I didn't post a review after promising one, but I just didn't dare. After giving you quite a rough time during "playtesting" I couldn't post one that would have been along the lines of Wolf's. I am getting stuck in the Zombie level btw

I still think DUSK has BotB potential and I sincerly hope you reconsider your decision to drop it completely. Unfortunately I cannot offer you any real "team"support - but I am willing to play/replay anything you want me to and give you feedback and advice.

Best of luck
Storyteller

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 01:50
I might help out with some models and textures aswell. Including soundeffects

fredboy51
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 17:35
The download is no longer avaliable on megaupload, can you send me another link?

fredy rules all
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 17:52
i can do rigging

Blitzgrutel
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I've played it. But I'm stuck. I got to the basement, I wired the electricity, I decoded the phone number, but now I'm stuck. I can't understand the phone message and I clicked (I think, surely not hehe) everywhere.

Blitz
Blitzgrutel
Years of Service
User Offline
I just re-read the forum. You made a tremendously hot start for a game, you worked with it for less than 2 months, you did all this wonderful stuff (a lot more in such a less time!) and you drop it when some peoples gather to play it? It's so sad! I love this game! I hope you will change your ideas about this!!

Blitz
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 00:52 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 00:54
Alright guys. I'm back from the dead it seams.

I'm still pretty much broke (haha) but I got a spirit to come back to what I
started. I'm really blown away by all the support I got in my absence. I realize the game was rushed for the
August BOTB and that might have drained me in the process. As for right now, I'm feeling pretty recharged.

I realize that this game did bring many FPSC problems out but I'm ready to work through them and rebirth this game to give
it a better feel... better story... and satisfying ending. Puzzles will also be re-tuned and perhaps replaced.
Consider everything before more of an "Alpha". I don't consider my latest release to ever have been complete.

If anyone does want to help even in a slightest way, I'd appreciate it. Perhaps with some months dedicated to expansion and
tuning, we can see where this will go.

Thank you guys so much for the positive influence.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 13:50 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 13:50
Good to see you are back!!!

Have a

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
It might be a slower progression... but as of now, I'm making plans to buff out the game.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 21:46
Damn I was just about to try this awesome game but the link is dead :/

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I was just about to try this awesome game but the link is dead :/"

And that it shall remain. Thanks for your interest however. I'm going to give this a massive overhaul and do it the justice I
intended for it at the start. I'm going to have to work close to iron out the flaws but it should be worth it.

Blitzgrutel
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to see that you're return!. I'll be there to test the game!

Blitz
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Can a mod please change (Full Release) to "Forever-Alpha", please? I have changed the setting and story so much
that its best just to make a new game out of what I'm planning and let this be the alpha it truly was! I think this game will
serve as the monument it needed to be in order to transition into a crafted masterpiece.

I will be going WIP with my new title and this time, more work and polish will be going into it. Thanks for looking everyone!

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 14:13
Cool! glad to hear, I really love the puzzle elements of this, hope you keep it that way.Just ton it down a little cause it was sometimes way too hard.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 18:13
I can't download it now because Megaupload is down. Can you upload it on another site like gamefront?
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't even think that I have a copy anymore to be honest! I'm sorry that I didn't back it up on another site. I never saw Megaupload going down like it did.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:51:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:51:35