Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2011 21:54 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 12:42
Name of Game: Lonesome Killer

Developer Name: Me ( Beno09 )

Version: FPS Creator x9 1.19 beta 6 now

Storyline(only one piece):

My name is Levin O'Connely and I am in this job for a long time. Approximately eight years. But in this profession there is no any work to do, rare events are when we get reply in our department and when someone ask for our assistance and even if there is request, there are mostly pointless things. Practically in this job was also my father, so I just inherited it from him. I know you wonder what this is about and what kind of department is this. This is department that deals with the peculiar phenomena and strange things happening in the spacecraft. In these eight years of work there was nothing in particular that is worth mentioning.

And then the game is starting, you will reveal other stuff in story when you play the full game. It will be very interesting because everything will happen to Levin. I will go in every detail and also show what happened to his family, why is this name "Lonesome Killer" and some other stuff.

Contact Info:
belmin.kozlic@hotmail.com

Finally some pictures:

First Level :

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 14:24
Looks too dark IMO, but cool otherwise.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 14:27
Quote: "Looks too dark IMO, but cool otherwise."

It will be brighter Do you like design, that is most important or you can not see it xD
I will post brighter pictures soon
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 16:27
From what I can see, I do like the design, the ligting isn't that bad eather, just make the ranges bigger and that should do the trick, not sure though. Just play around with the lighting till you find the best solution.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 22:51
Quote: "From what I can see, I do like the design, the ligting isn't that bad eather, just make the ranges bigger and that should do the trick, not sure though. Just play around with the lighting till you find the best solution."

Thanks

I finished jet another room and here are screens, feel free to comment

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 02:17
The rooms are way to big, and the blue lights seem really out of place.. Other than that it is looking good! The ceiling lights are nice

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 13:24
Quote: "he rooms are way to big, and the blue lights seem really out of place.. Other than that it is looking good! The ceiling lights are nice "

I will fix all these things for sure, I always oversize the rooms xD But these rooms are still in progress and I need to fix some things
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 15:01
NEW UPDATE :

Here is Exu new re-designed room, I hope you like it, also there is another part of my story. The next parts of story will come in Chapters

Story ( part 2 ):

I expected this outcome, such that these bastards will come to take me, because they took the women if they can and I believe it will some times be able to, but they will not touch my mom. I promised father that I would keep her and pay attention on her.
Luckily my dad taught me some of his skills with weapons, because they say there is no time for training, rifle in hand and go die. Hopefully I have no brothers or sisters, that would be even more concern.

Pictures ( re-design ) feel free to comment

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 19:32
Looks much better! Good job!

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 22:29
Quote: "Looks much better! Good job! "

Thanks mate!

We are going fast, I am one of the developers who want to show every sign of process to people, so I am showing you new three screens.
Hope you like them

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 19:35
Looks great, the last screenshots looks very good!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 01:36
I have a question, you don't have to answer im just wondering:

Where do you get your textures? Or do you make them yourself? Either way they are great!

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 05:18
I think the room could do with a central pillar maybe but I like the dead space look youve got going! Looks very grungy and cool!

[/href]
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 07:25
Ok...just as a warning, I am about to give some critical criticism , but they are constructive.

Pros:
-You have a well defined atmosphere which is good in every game.
-Good entity placement
-interesting variety

Cons:
-You have a lot of open space in your rooms, with nothing to give that space a purpose, thus a rather empty "boring look."
-Your color variation is bit strange in the fact that the only objects that have prominent colors are a few tubes and a couple screens.
-Window placement is a bit random, but this isn't as big a deal.

Suggestions:
-Think about what the purpose of each room is (gameplay wise) and design it accordingly. This away you don't have so much empty space.
-use prominent colors on objects that you want the player to focus on, such as usable items, doors, a place the player needs to go to, etc.
-Think about why a window would be in the place it's in. simple as that. if it doesn't make sense, then move it.

I hope this wasn't to harsh, but I think you've got something good here. Make it the best you can. Good luck!

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 12:42
Quote: "Looks great, the last screenshots looks very good!"

Thanks mate

Quote: "I have a question, you don't have to answer im just wondering:

Where do you get your textures? Or do you make them yourself? Either way they are great! "

I used "Cosmic Prophet Scifi" for almost all things
Thanks

Quote: "I think the room could do with a central pillar maybe but I like the dead space look youve got going! Looks very grungy and cool!"

I will think about that, thanks anyway for suggestion and comment

Quote: "Ok...just as a warning, I am about to give some critical criticism , but they are constructive.

Pros:
-You have a well defined atmosphere which is good in every game.
-Good entity placement
-interesting variety

Cons:
-You have a lot of open space in your rooms, with nothing to give that space a purpose, thus a rather empty "boring look."
-Your color variation is bit strange in the fact that the only objects that have prominent colors are a few tubes and a couple screens.
-Window placement is a bit random, but this isn't as big a deal.

Suggestions:
-Think about what the purpose of each room is (gameplay wise) and design it accordingly. This away you don't have so much empty space.
-use prominent colors on objects that you want the player to focus on, such as usable items, doors, a place the player needs to go to, etc.
-Think about why a window would be in the place it's in. simple as that. if it doesn't make sense, then move it.

I hope this wasn't to harsh, but I think you've got something good here. Make it the best you can. Good luck!"

This is best comment that I ever get on my games, thanks mate I will use this suggestions and critics

New update will be soon, I took some rest of game and now I am really ready for new things, thank you guys for commenting
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 14:32 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 14:33
SMALL UPDATE :

Just few more pictures about progress, nothing special but I think interesting Hope you like them and any critics or post like EGG HEAD OF DOOM would be good Thanks !

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 18:38
Very unique style, the textures and lighting are so saturated, and the contrasts are so harsh... I like it! Normally it looks bad, but you seemed to have balanced it out pretty well.

That being said, I'll agree with some of Egg Head's previous post. Albeit, I realize you probably aren't done with these rooms yet, probably still have a few entities left to place and populate it, but at a quick glance, there's nothing really setting your rooms apart from one another.

You might try:
- Using some variance in segments. This leads to the second point...
- Create a few design guidelines for different types of rooms, such as Great Rooms (major rooms with high ceilings or multi-storied, which have several smaller rooms breaking off from them), Sub Rooms (smaller rooms that have specific purpose, like storage rooms, offices, generator rooms, etc, these would generally only be 1 story for the most part, and be relatively small), and Hallways (well this one is rather obvious...). But when designing these types of rooms, give each of them a different style, or guideline for construction, so players can immediately tell what sort of room they're in.
- Design levels as if they were a real life facility. In real life, you wouldn't find a building that just kind of sprawls out randomly, and only has 1 hall way leading to 1 room which has another hallway... Think about how a normal building is constructed, they're designed to make as much use of the space they have as possible, not leaving "holes" in their structure. Now obviously, you don't want to have to make every single room in say... a hotel, explorable for the player, that'd take way to much time, but where a room should normally be, leave the appropriate space for it, and add a fake door that could be used to go into it (if it existed), this will give the player the illusion that they are in this massive realistic facility, even if they can only explore 7 rooms out of the 35 that should be there.
- Following on the last one, be sure to give each room you make a distinct purpose. Ask yourself, "What would this room be used for if it existed in real life?" Is it a storage room? Then it should be sort of cramped with lots of shelves filled with all sorts of stuff, to immediately convey to the player what it is. Is it a generator or some other utility room? Then there should be some big machinery with pipes leading away from it and a control panel or two near it, and maybe a big red button, who doesn't love big red buttons?!

Note that perhaps not all of these entirely apply to you, and that you might have some of these already covered, but they're guidelines every level designer should follow. (well, unless you're doing something whack like Umbra...)

I hope this helps some, you're doing great mate, and its refreshing to see a unique style.

The voices in my head said I'm normal... o.0
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 18:50
@Pbcrazy :

Thanks mate for this great post, I really need posts like this because this is my second game and I need to improve. You helped me a lot and I will try to do most of these things that you mention, this is most helpful post that I ever get, of course EGG HEAD OF DOOM also helped me a lot. I am now going to do some re-desing of rooms and first I will write some style of rooms on paper and sort few things that will be a lot easier.
Again thanks mate, really helpful post, I love you xD
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 20:10
Quote: "this is my second game and I need to improve"
I must have missed your first one - where can I download it?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 20:18
wow. this looks awesome! how did you get that forcefield protecting that generator? i need something like that, spent 2 days trying to get the effect. -.-

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 20:31
Quote: "I must have missed your first one - where can I download it? "

Nothing special, just first game xD You have beta version download here it has some bugs http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0SUE9OO

Quote: "wow. this looks awesome! how did you get that forcefield protecting that generator? i need something like that, spent 2 days trying to get the effect. -.-
"

English is not my native language so I can not clear understand you. You mean glass and effect on glass ? Or where i get generator ?
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 20:35
ah i never realised there was a first one! shall play that. ;D

oh, its glass? i thought it was a forcefield. nether the less. how did you get the effect on whatever is in front of that generator on this screen?

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 01:34
Yes, it is glass. I found it in "Holez" pack. I am not sure but i think that it comes in pack with "HoleZ 1.5". There are two variations of glass Hope this helps if you do not understand I will try to explain to you much better

New big update will come soon!
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 15:27
Update :

Here are some new screens without shaders that i want to put in final game, I hope you like them and also it will be great if you drop some comments here Thanks !

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 16:34
Looks pretty damn neat man! but the name 'Partemon' kinda reminds me of pokemon lol
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 20:15
Quote: "Looks pretty damn neat man! but the name 'Partemon' kinda reminds me of pokemon lol"

Thanks for comment mate HAHAHAH i did not thinked about that, this is name from story
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 21:57
Is this project interesting to anyone now ?
Because I want to make little re-design and continue work on this game, I will make some changes and try to make this better because I think that I am little bit more experienced.
Anyone wants to continue on this ?
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 15:01
Nobody ?! Oh that is bad, but I will continue work on this game and try to show you some stuff when I finish
Have a good day.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 15:21 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 15:23
I think the environment and the lighting kind of contradict each other. You have a ship that has an aged rustic-brown look and
yet all the lights are working and give a very clean and bright appeal. I know its what you're probably going for, but I
also just feel like you need to mix up the colors a bit, here and there. This is just my opinion however.

Whoever said that Intel graphics fail, obviously never owned a Core i5.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 15:32
@ASTEK : Thanks for comment mate. I mixed some things with lights but I think i will make way back to usual style, or maybe try something else, but I will not continue work in this style in previous pictures. Will try to make a good point with lights and then I will continue work on design. I will post some pictures probably today
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 13:25
Ok guys, now I need your opinion. Which style do you most like ?
I need to mention that this game will be horror game so we need something little bit darker, if you know what I mean.

Style number one :
Ok this is usual style in FPSC that is not for this style of game, that is what I think

Style number two :
This style is very good for some unique style, but Wolf is developing his game with style like this, maybe not the same. I think that this style is very good and can make some good atmoshphere.

Style number three :
Also very good style, maybe I will just need to make lights brighter in some areas, but very good style for horroric games.

Style number four :
And this is the most darkest style and very good style for creating unique atmoshphere with good sounds. I will just make lights little bit brighter and that will do thing in very good way.

People I really now need your opinion, which style will best suite this game. I will again mention that game will be in horror style.
Thanks and have a beer all of you from me
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 16:34
Would a moderator kindly rename the thread to "[X9] Hard Life: Strange Power" ? Please I really need to change name of thread, thanks
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 17:06 Edited at: 5th Jan 2012 17:07
3 with not white but partly grey/violet light (r100/g60/b65 and up)instead of white
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 20:55
I'd go with number two. Just my opinion.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 21:54
@Maho: thanks for your suggestion, I will try these lights.
@Metal Devil: thanks for your opinion will add this for possible styles.

I will wait few more days and maybe someone else will comment, so we can take the style that will have more approvals by you people.
Thanks
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 18:29
Finnaly there are pictures from design of first level. These pictures are from style number four but does not mean that I will use that style. Hope you all guys like it and of course feel free to comment, thanks

Again, please can moderator change name to "[x9] Hard Life: Strange Power" ?
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 06:39
New screens look fantastic Bro!

Abdul Ahad

dxdragon86
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 16:14
Looks very nice,man!

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 00:15
@Abdul: Thanks bro

@dxdragon86: Thank you

Any more comments on these pictures ?

I done some new things on level one, will show you pictures soon.
Have a nice day
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 01:28
looks good
What do you use to create the effect on your geometry?

PekelaarSFX - Dedicated storywriter
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 12:58
@Pekelaar: Thanks mate, will improve more I am using specific shader, that shader is great for my style of creation games. I am not sure where I found it.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 14:37
Here we are with some new pictures. I am trying to make very good story so we have now some pictures about it. Any comments on this ?

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 11:10
Here I am after long time with new pictures. Feel free to comment

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow,I love the hallway.It's look scary for me because it so dark.Nice one mate

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 14:52 Edited at: 27th Jan 2012 14:58
yeah, ninth picture you can FEEL that there something is coming down the hallway with a hell of a speed ready to eat your heart. pure despair feeling, very atmospheric. also cockpit is very stylish because you see nothing outside. 10th is out of the row because of the blue walls, doesnt fit that well if this is directly beside the other corridors.

but as said before, watch out and test character entities in this surrounding. fpsc doesnt like long unbreaked hallways and characters. and watch out so player doesnt getting bored running down long empty tunnels. in spot very nice, but could become senseless when used too much with all the same structure all the time.

this all reminds me of PANDORUM very much (great movie by the way, not that good as alien [of course, couldnt be^^] but good)

so you found your shader and ambient finally?

good work.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 21:06
@Leongamerz : Thanks mate for comment and it will be scary, be ready for that

@Maho : Thanks for your little review of my pics, and I will not repeat hallways often, in first level there is no any bigger hallway, in second level there is some hallways but for sure I will not make them on every place.
Yeah, finnaly find right shader and ambient
Thanks again Maho for this great comment.

Any more reviews on these pictures, I will be glad to hear them
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2012 16:08 Edited at: 28th Jan 2012 16:08
Any yes ( sorry for double post ) I changed old paper because it is sci fi ship with something like datapads. Do you like it ?

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2012 21:28
Beno09

I was going to mention this to you soon and offer to do a sci-fi hud for you (I'm very busy right now though)but you have beaten me to it and it looks like you got it covered well.
Great looking game so far, keep up the good work.

Cheers
Ross
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 00:59
@Ross : You already did great favour for me with text appearing on screen, but if you catch some time I would be interested to see what have you on mind with sci-fi hud. Thanks and have a nice day.

Soon I will show to you guys some new screens, I almost finished second level and after I finish third level I will upload little demo for all of you. Thanks for watching this thread, hope you like the game!
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 01:01 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 01:02
Game looks great!! There's only one thing that is bugging me and I see it in many other FPsC games too. You have about almost 10-15 lights in every scene and yet they are dark around the edges? I have just one light in my room and it lights the whole room up from top to bottom. With the amount of lights you have it looks like your ship should be lit up like a birthday cake and yet very strangely it is dark??

Anyways, besides that the level design is excellent, along with the texture use Great work. Just fix the lights and this game should be amazing

Cheers,
Anayar

EDIT: above I am talking about my room in real life lol

For KeithC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:19