Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / VS2008 CLR/Windows Forms Application...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 23:50
I'm in the process of trying to set up a project using a windows forms app setup in the CLR. But in case it doesn't work.

Will it work with PureGDK?

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not tried this before but I don't see why it wouldn't work. DarkGDK is statically compiled so it can't be used with a virtual machine like the CLR. PureGDK is dynamically linked so it should be ok.

I don't know how C++/CLR deals with "compiling" and "linking" .cpp files. Hopefully it will be very similar to regular C++.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 03:36 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2011 04:17
I've been going through some tutorials on how to use the CLR side of VS. Very rusty at the moment and having a few initial difficulties. What I want to get done is to use WinApi forms in VC express and a blank borderless form and pass it's hWnd handle to PureGDK...

EDIT: Nah, just Visual Studio Express and Resedit... CLR don't seem too friendly...

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 21:32 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2011 21:40
Quote: "d:\cpp\win32_pgdk\test2\include/initPureGDK.h(29) : error C2664: 'LoadLibraryW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR'"

I get this error when it's trying to convert std::string path to LPCWSTR. Apart from re-writing the initPureGDK() function to get it working is there a quicker way?

What I did find was this:
Quote: "Resolution

You will have to do one of two things:

Change your project configuration to use multibyte strings. Press ALT+F7 to open the properties, and navigate to Configuration Properties > General. Switch Character Set to "Use Multi-Byte Character Set".
Indicate that the string literal, in this case "Hello world!" is of a specific encoding. This can be done through either prefixing it with L, such as L"Hello world!", or surrounding it with the generic _T("Hello world!") macro. The latter will expand to the L prefix if you are compiling for unicode (see #1), and nothing (indicating multi-byte) otherwise."

I don't really want to convert the entire project to a multi-byte character set.

EDIT: Setting up a new project I think I skipped a few steps...

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
LPCWSTR is for Unicode which isn't compatible with PureGDK because the DarkBasic Professional plugins it uses are compiled for ASCII.

C++/CLR should work with ASCII if configured properly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:49:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:49:35