Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [AGK] The Getaway Car

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 19:51
The Getaway Car - Made with AGK

You are a thief traveling cross country. To make money along the way you are rolling into small towns along state lines and robbing banks. You find it funny that the cops always block off the streets leading out of town, but they never seem to block the road that leads across the state line where they can't catch you.

It's a weak story, I know, but it was created in a rush for the Ludum Dare competition this past weekend.

I'll be polishing this up and making a Lite version for free, and a full version for the app stores. Right now the Lite version is very "light" on polish, but it will improve.

Downloads for Windows and Mac

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 09:25
I think that it's a remarkable job for a 48 hour competition KISTech and the AI is quite clever as well. Just out of curiosity were some of the graphics done in Tile Studio?

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 18:03
Nope, it was all done in Paint Shop Pro 9.

In fact, if you haven't seen it, the Timelapse is both informative and bizarre.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 18:11 Edited at: 8th Sep 2011 18:12
Kul stuff KIStech. Great job for only 48 hours of rushed work. Though I have to admit, I like this version better:

I'll send you the images once I've finished the truck...which oddly I did not see in the 3 levels I played.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 01:37
Yeah, that does look better.

I started the truck during development and ran out of time to implement them. I thought it would be fun to have a truck once in a while crossing an intersection or turning a corner, posing a significant obstacle.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 11:38
KISTech, I'd like to use your timelapse video on the ADG website for "Inside ADG". I don't suppose you could add a little commentary and or a small written article about your entry in "Ludum Dare"?

I haven't played the game yet but I'll give it a try later. Downloading it now...

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 18:39
Sure, I'll email you to work out specifics.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 17:44
Sent you an email.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 04:45
The people demand The Getaway Car with the Mooneyfied graphics.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 21:21
It's coming!!

I spent the last 2 days getting my internet sorted out. First time in 5 years it's ever been down because of an issue with the fiber equipment.

I'm working on the town maps at the moment. I kind of threw the current map structure together in a hurry for the compo, so it needs updating to something a little more interesting.

I didn't get very high marks in the competition, but honestly I don't think those that bothered to rate it gave it a fair chance. It was a fun weekend though, and I ended up with a decent start on a game. Now for the polish.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:57:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:57:38