Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Java 7

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 18:43
I guess it's finally being released, the article talks about some of the new features.
http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/java-7-whats-in-it-developers-170636

Quote: "helps the compiler make reliable code by automatically closing files, sockets, and database connections when developers forget to do this, Ratcliff says: "That's something that's been tripping up developers -- especially young developers -- for years. That'll be a good productivity improvement and will reduce bugs.""

Really? Heaven forbid we teach developers how to simply do it properly. Not saying it's a bad feature, but it's a poor reason for one.

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:32
They should work on their own programming issues like making the runtime stable and vulnerability free before the try to fix other developers code. Hopefully they did that this time around. I have Java disabled on my browser, as hard as it tries to re-enable itself, just because the vulnerabilities are so common.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:56
Are you talking about java or javascript? Java programs don't run unless you give them permission.

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 22:59
Ideally, but there have been bugs in the past that allow an unsigned Java applet to run with elevated privileges.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:09:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:09:08