Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Free version?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 20:53 Edited at: 25th Aug 2011 20:53
Hi everyone.

I have updated my version again after having to reinstall (my bad, forgot to back up the .exe files when trying to get Mystic Mod working)

Anyway, since i have got to the latest update for X10, it says 'X10 free' in the top left! I have bought and paid for this software, still have the box and code on my desk!

I have attached a screenie to show you what i mean. I wouldn't mind to much, but, i can't get Mystic Mod working either!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Unfamillia

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:09
check you version number TGC's update system sometime get confused lol... and installs 1.18 for X9 making it show as free..
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:16
it is updated to 1.11

I thought this as well. The next update is for 1.18.017 which i know is for X9.

I have attached another screenie to show you what i mean.

Unfamillia

Attachments

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:16 Edited at: 25th Aug 2011 21:17
Edit: whoops, just saw your new post.

What Squalker said. As far as I know there is no such thing as a free version of x10. I've seen x10 offer to update me to 1.18..lol...and I've also seen threads where people had this same problem (i.e. they got an update for x9 in x10). Craziness. Sorry you are having to go through this. This is an error that really stinks.

Kinda off topic...but just FYI, I was messing with skyscroll and save a script called skyscroll.fpi. Don't ever do this. x10 somehow...I have no idea how...continues to load that script even in blank worlds with no trigger zones etc. I managed not to panic as I loaded several of my WIPs and watch a horrid black flickering box dominate the sky. I ran the cleaner, rebooted and it was still there. Finally, I deleted skyscroll.fpi, ran the cleaner and everything is cool again.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:26 Edited at: 25th Aug 2011 21:26
Can you just reinstall from the disc? I think you will need to do this. Sorry.

The only other thing I can say is go look at userdetails.ini in your x10 folder and see if your serial is there. That said...I just checked mine and my serial is not in there for some reason.

Back everything up...twice.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:26
AH!!! Bloody thing! haha!

I have figured it out! hahaha!

If anyone ever has this problem, just direct them to this. I don't know what possessed me to start poking around in different files, but, i went to the userdetails.ini file inside the x10 folder and i noticed that the serial was different to the one on my box!

I changed the serial to mine and Voila full X10 again.

Thank you for your help though guys, good to see the X10 community there for each other!

Screenie attached to assist anyone having trouble. (obviously scrubbed out my serial........artistically)

Unfamillia

Attachments

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:28 Edited at: 25th Aug 2011 21:28
@srealist

haha. we posted at the same time! good advice mate.

thats exactly what i did! lol.

Unfamillia
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:28
Excellent photoshop skills on that screeny btw!! Or is that MS paint? You must have a tablet for that kind of line control.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:30
Good times again!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:30
@srealist

That my friend is windows 7 very own 'snipping tool'

The awesome power of windows 7 and a laser mouse!
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:35
Quote: "Screenie attached to assist anyone having trouble. (obviously scrubbed out my serial........artistically)
"

Just taking a quick glance at the files in your install folder.. you need to reinstall clean again... there is a lot of X9 files in you installation that are going to cause you nothing but headaches later.

I would recommend re-installing to save you issues as a lot of the stock item in x9 have been replaced with version 1.18 compatible versions that won't work well with X10... I can clearly see GUIX9 in there etc..
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:40
@Squalker

I tried to uninstall X9 and it was having none of it! I have now deleted the files and am in the process of removing all files for it!

I gathered that having X9 and X10 installed might cause troubles. I will install it all again.

Thanks for the advice.

Unfamillia
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 21:47
Quote: "That my friend is windows 7 very own 'snipping tool'"

I love this place.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 22:18 Edited at: 25th Aug 2011 22:19
Ok, a little off topic perhaps, but, i am now sat here fully enjoying my X10 and i am currently working on a project where as you need to be able to pick items up to move them to different places then put them down again,in order to complete missions. (i can't be more specific without giving my idea away)

How the bloody hell do i pick items up so that i can then throw them again?

I know this is a complete noob question, but, i thought it was, unarmed, click the left mouse button, the item hovers in front of you?!?!?!?

I have looked at this item and pressed every button on my keyboard and it just stays there looking at me like i'm the crazy one! then i walk into it and moves a bit! ARGH!!!

Can somebody please stop me from going insane!

Quote: "I love this place. "

Yeah, it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling!

Unfamillia
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 23:26
It's the "right" button for pick up...also I think there is a keystroke, but I don't remember which one. The right mouse button should work unless the item is too heavy.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 23:48
I tried the right mouse button! I honestly think i am going insane! lol.

I will have a look at the weight and friction values in a sec, but, it is just 'iteml' from the scifi stock media.

Unfamillia
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 23:51
For me I pick up objects with the 'T' key

Strange...

[center]

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 00:00 Edited at: 26th Aug 2011 00:05

P.S. Feeling better, Thoughwire?

P.P.S. It's funny, man...I've looked at that image above probably 10,000 times, yet I only realized you could even pick up items about 8 months ago after 6 friggin' months of using FPSC 10 -12 hours a day!!! Waaaaaaa....
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 10:21
I'm feeling much better thank you for asking

I'm always prone to forgetting how to pick things up and I'm left hitting every key till it does something

[center]

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm always prone to forgetting how to pick things up and I'm left hitting every key till it does something "

i would sugest enabling Sticky Keys

Also if you do ever find that you cannot pick up items to throw, then make sure the entity is not set to stacic, how to quickly tell if it it static or not. if not static it will be Dynamic.

Anyway it will glow Red when you move your mouse over it if it is static or green if not static and even if you pick up the item it will show glow colour too.

Also it should tell you when putting your mouse over the item and display Static or Dynamic.

I know this is basic stuff, but hey seem that we are on this topic i would just mention.

Now where did i put my Darts and dart board, i need to throw somthing

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 17:34
@srealist
I must be blind cause i never saw that too!

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:08:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:08:16