Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Subject MIA (Zombi TopDown Shooter)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 06:12 Edited at: 26th Aug 2011 06:19

Hello,
i want to show you my new small project. I started with DB last week again (after a looong break) and here it is: Another Zombi Shooter!

Its a TopDown Shooter with enemy spawn waves. After a wave, you've got some time to rebuy your ammo, buy new weapons or items, or what ever.

I Hope zo implement some more enemy types (but its a lot of work, and i'm not good at animating) and some small bosses.

Well my plans for this project:

*More Weapons
*More Items
*Some kind of... "item crafting" like Upgradable Turrets
*More Enemy Types
*Bosses
*A few more maps
*Implement a small story line

Well, here's a vid of the status of today (08/26/11):
http://youtu.be/yiNgJJ2PRkw?hd=1

(You can watch the old videos in my channel, by the way.)

Started that project a few days ago, but didn't work much on it.
You can see that a lot is still missing. But it will follow
Hope you like it so far.

Plugins/Media from other user used (at the moment)
*Sparkys collision
*Diggseys TopGUI (great!)
*Player & Zombi Model (Animation and Textures modified by me) by VALVe (from Counter Strike)
*Sounds from Counter Strike too.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 13:28 Edited at: 26th Aug 2011 13:34
I think that your monitor must be set up too bright, because on my monitor all you see is a black screen in your youtube video. Even if I turn my monitor to full brightness, I can barely see anything.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 15:43 Edited at: 26th Aug 2011 15:45
I don't see all black, you must have a high contrast or something on your screen then. It's dark but still visible...

But yeah, darken the ambience and add more flashlight brightness. Also add gun flares, trails, bullet hit sounds (bounce on scenery play sound 1, hit zombie play sound 2) and when the zombies get hit add some blood particles as well as make then play an animation and stand still for a second or so, so it actually feels like the bullets are doing something. If you do that it will be great
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 19:03
My speakers were turned up way to loud for those sudden gun shots!

It's very dark, I think just a little too dark. I can see the crates, but the character is barely visible at all except for a few specs. And I have a very bright monitor.

Gunslinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
But yeah, darken the ambience and add more flashlight brightness. Also add gun flares, trails, bullet hit sounds (bounce on scenery play sound 1, hit zombie play sound 2) and when the zombies get hit add some blood particles as well as make then play an animation and stand still for a second or so, so it actually feels like the bullets are doing something."

Yes, thougth the same. Allready working on that

Phaelax, ye... its a lilbit loud, isnt it? Sorry for that

Okay gonna check that darkness thing. But Lights are missing, its just 1 lightsource at the moment. (+Flashlight)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:50:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:50:03