Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Moving Sprite problem?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Im having problems getting an animation/Sprite to move across the screen.

I have created a Startup screen, which displays a picture, a few sprites some text and a sound.

I have created a class called Startup, which displays the start screen and initiates the game. Within this class I have created a member function to display an animation on my startup screen.

my problem is getting it to move across the screen.

I have been playing with my code for ages and can't get it right

dbMoveSprite() does not seem to work
I have tried using a for loop which increasses the Sprites position each loop, but only my final position gets displayed, I Played around using dbSync() which finaly showed my animation moving but my background screen flickers!?

This iss my Main.cpp

My startup screen gets displayed in Start.Play_low_budge();

The problem is in void Startup:layWb() Im using dbMoveSprite() but it dosent move? any help please?

Thanks.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't see the PLAYER class, so I can't tell what's wrong with the movement.

The fastest code is the code never written.
steakyfask
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, the way Ive coded it might be confussing, but the animation Im trying to get working is all inside my member function, Startup:layWb() which gets called from my member function Startup:lay_low_budge().
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline

This will create the sprite each time you call it. I think this will fail just like trying to create an object when it already exist. Make another function that only does the loading:

and take those parts out of the PlayWB() function.

The fastest code is the code never written.
steakyfask
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I tried that but did not work I tried using a different picture, just creating a sprite and still didn't work.

I have noticed that if i use a for loop to move the sprite each time and use dbSync(); inside the loop, my sprite moves like i want it to but the rest of my sprites filcker on and off??

steakyfask
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah Thank you!! I got it working now!!

I was calling upon my LoadWB() function inside my GDKloop which I guess was creating a new sprite every loop.

Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 19:23:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 19:23:30