Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / Questions about PureBasic and PureGDK - PureVisionxp -

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2011 17:24
Hello ,

I am looking for some good GUI library and I find something about PureBasic.

I found one website www.purebasic.com which there is one programming language which you are able to create programs like visual basic.
I downloaded some demo , and I found there is one visual designer which creates windows forms and you can create , visual basic stile applications.

I found it very interesting , as I understood , is a different language than DarkBasic Pro.

Also , I found here there is one other plugin with name PureGDK , this as I understood again , I read the sales page , and you can add all DarkBasic in the PureBasic , as I understood you can create everything you can create with DarkBasic in the PureBasic.

PureBasic creates window applications , and PureGDK is able to load commands from DarkBasic.

My game is written with DarkBasic , so do with PureBasic , will be able to create windows forms application and load my game datafiles in the windows forms application?

For example , the PureGDK plugin , is it able to load the Enhancements Expansion Pack fileblocks and other DarkBasic Plugins with PureBasic and load my graphics files from my game in my PureBasic windows application?

I am interesting about this PureBasic with PureGDK for my Level editor of my game.

I made and further research and I found more things.
I found something about PureVisionxp , this is a windows form creator , is very similar to visual designer of PureBasic.

I am interesting about PureBasic and PureGDK , I would like to ask.

Here the Game Creators sell 2 different versions of PureGDK
One costs €96.99
And the other cost €44.99

I found it from here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2074

I visited the website www.puregdk.com or http://www.puregdk.com/index.php?f=purchase

And I found there is only with €39.99

Which among is the best?

I found 3 different prices.
What are the differences between them?

96.99 -> Does this includes and PureBasic in the package?
44.99 -> Does this contains only the PureGDK
39.99 -> This is the cheapest and is outside of the gamecreators website www.puregdk.com

Could you please give me any other information about the difference in the prices and packages? and what are the capabilities?

Thank you very much...
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
The version being sold by TGC will only work with PureBasic and will be discontinued with the release of PureGDK 2.0. See here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177817&b=38p

PureGDK is not a plugin. It's a complete port of the DarkBasic Professional engine to other programming languages. You use whatever supported language you want and the DarkBasic Professional commands are added on as if it were an extension to that language.

Try PureBasic first and decide if you like the language and the forms designer. You can do that without PureGDK. PureBasic is a completely separate product and is not bundled with it.

Yes, most plugins are supported out of the box. The enhancement pack you mentioned hasn't been added but it will be in a later beta.

See here for a summary of features:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=187939&b=38

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 03:49
Please would you add the enhancement pack in the next version , because I want this plugin supported. I am planning to purchase PureGDK.
Because I load all of my graphics from my game with enhancement pack and must be compatible with pureGDK. (And my level editor needs these enhancement pack)

Thank you very much.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:20:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:20:03