Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1 Windows Compilations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 10:01
I've noticed that when you simply build it to run on Windows, the Byte Code files are still clearly visible, and the program loads everything from the media folder assuming it's the root of the program.

I assume this is intended default behaviour, however I am wondering if there's perhaps any way to CHANGE this, without switching into Tier 2? (I'd like to get at least somewhat familiar with the commands before switching into the C++ version of the libraries) The same goes for the program icon, can it be changed during compilation?

Apologies if this is explained anywhere in the help files, but I have been unable to find it thus far.

And for the developpers, I absolutely LOVE the simplicity of this so far. I lack any portable devices to test this on aside from an old(er) netbook, but it seems to work very nicely and fairly stable so far.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 04:18
You should be able to load MeeGo 1.2 on the old netbook so you can broadcast to another OS to see what happens. As to changing the default location of the byte code and media, we have used the media folder as a way to create a common area for all such files. This allows AppGameKit to effortlessly work across multiple platforms as we only use relatively addressed file paths starting with the media folder specific to each platform. The moment you try to use another kind of folder, or an absolute path, your app would fail to work on other devices.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:45:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:45:01