Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] OPS- Escape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 04:22
OPS- Escape

Developed By: Bugsy/FPSC 1.18

Story: This time they've taken it a step too far. The insurgents have converted an abandoned warehouse into their new weapons shipping plant, and what's more, they've captured the first spy sent to destroy it. It's time to carve a path straight through that god-forsaken hellhole and take down every single one of the captors on your way to rescue your comrade. In fact, command's just given the order. get going.

Description:Instead of favela, I've decided to release a different episode, albeit one all indoors. OPS escape. it's shorter as well. please enjoy it, but watch out for some known bugs:

Also, Please note these specs:
Minimum System Specs (the game will likely lag)
2.3 GHz of processing power (multiple cores preferred)
2gb ram
GeForce 8600 256mb graphics card or equivalent

Reccomended System Specs (the game probably won't lag ever)
3.0 ghz multicore processor
4gb ram
GeForce GTX260 1gb or equivalent video card

Screenshots:
imageflock.com/img/1314837211.jpg[/img]
imageflock.com/img/1314837232.jpg[/img]

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6GF19RF

Contact me at:
wray2u@gmail.com

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 04:26
about damn time. shall download tomorrow when im on my majorly powerful desktop. its even more powerful than my laptop that y'know

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
How long did it take you to make this game, if you don't mind me asking?

Whoever said that Intel graphics fail, obviously never owned a Core i5.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 06:44
I really like the second picture and the first one as well. The walls seem a little bare in the second picture, but not enough to make me care. Also, why are there windows in the building? I hardly ever see windows like that in a building just saying

Could you give us some more information on the game? Like a weapon list? Or how many levels are in this? Etc..

Other than that it looks great Bugsy! I am downloading it right now! My internet is slow..

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
The first screenshot is pretty stunning, well done on that.
The second screenshot is completely ruined by a repetitive texture and I cant figure how you got those stacked containers in there like that, maybe there a crane out of view but the cables above tham would have prevented this and theres no room even for them to have been brought into the space anyhoo,it just seems wrong if you see what I mean.
I will be downloading this and taking a look anyway

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 11:37 Edited at: 1st Sep 2011 12:19
my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512

your game
Frames per second: 4-8

And since I can play all my online shooter on highest settings without lag, it's probably your game that only works as a slideshow.

But nice screenshots

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 12:48 Edited at: 1st Sep 2011 12:53
@ storyteller
thanks for bringing this to my attention, there's a serious problem. turn off shaders and stuff in setup.ini and whatnot and then give it a shot. I played it on an older laptop- a 2.4 ghz dual core, 2 gb ram, and some sort of integrated radeon card and it didn't dip below 20. please keep me updated on this problem.

@ exu
2 levels, guns:
m9
m4a1
m1014
ak47

@ rolfy
note that the wires up top have hooks on them, I sort-of figured that they could be used to move containers around brought in through the doors that are on the far right of the screenshot if you look.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 16:47 Edited at: 1st Sep 2011 16:49
Setting newblosserhaders=0 solved the problem, the fps where at 48-58 throughout the first level

Unfortunately the game crashed when loading level 2

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 16:56
Downloading...I give you a Bill and Ted review on the screenshots:

Image1: EXCELLENT!

Image 2: Bogus!

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 20:07
Thank you for the information Bugsy! I will download, play, and write a review as soon as i can!

Yurt
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks really great. Downloading now, will give you my feedback soon. Will also give me a reference of how long my level really is.

I play Mortal Online, Minecraft, 360 and PS3 games, and I make robots. Oh, and space is the final frontier.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 21:27 Edited at: 1st Sep 2011 21:29
Quote: "Setting newblosserhaders=0 solved the problem, the fps where at 48-58 throughout the first level "

oh thank god you had me super worried there. 48-58 is pretty good.

Quote: "Unfortunately the game crashed when loading level 2 "

this has been know to happen because level 2 is mere megabytes away from the RAM cap. be sure you've closed all other unneeded processes and applications before running the game

@ wolf-
they can't all be cramped dimly lit interior hallways

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 21:54
Quote: "
this has been know to happen because level 2 is mere megabytes away from the RAM cap. be sure you've closed all other unneeded processes and applications before running the game "

ah, i had this problem. just i didnt want to plague you with crappy setup moans.

shall try that again. its good to paly something that doesnt take 2mins to complete a level. like all my inventions xD

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 22:16
yeah, it worked for theK and I, so it should work for at least most of you.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 00:02
Quote: "completely ruined by a repetitive texture"

I wouldn't say completely ruined.. It is a little noticeable though, maybe change it up a bit?

Yurt
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, played it and enjoyed it, though I do have some constructive criticism. Will also include the pros, so I don't appear butthurt (you never know).
Pros:
- Great graphics
- Great animations
- Great Gameplay
- Great Music
- Nice Level Design

Cons (with explanations):
- No Health Bar (the blood effect could be made to do this like in Gears of War)
- Health Damage effect isn't full screen (might be just a bug on my computer)
- Some spawns were too close to the player (like in the beginning)(why spawns at all? just make the enemies appear in the very beginning, while loading the level)
- Save Game button doesn't work (at least on my computer)
- Everything is too loud, no volume sliders(maybe my headphones, someone else confirm this?)
- More enemy variety
- Tad difficult
Keep in mind I didn't get to Level 2 (I tried a bunch), so maybe that will negate the enemy variety con. Anyway, most of the cons were minor stuff, except for the health bar and save game issues. Overall, nice work. By the way, my computer does exceed the recommended specs, in case that has anything to do with the issues I had.

I play Mortal Online, Minecraft, 360 and PS3 games, and I make robots. Oh, and space is the final frontier.
Levi barros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 01:19
Hip hip, hooray!!! (Enough said)

imageflock.com/img/1314854574.bmp[/img]
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 21:48
Quote: "- No Health Bar (the blood effect could be made to do this like in Gears of War)
- Health Damage effect isn't full screen (might be just a bug on my computer)"

seems nobody likes the "no visible huds" thing. *sigh* I guess I'm the only one.

Quote: "Some spawns were too close to the player (like in the beginning)(why spawns at all? just make the enemies appear in the very beginning, while loading the level)"

awful idea. too many enemies at once can REALLY lag a map.

Quote: "Save Game button doesn't work (at least on my computer)"

odd, it does on mine.

Quote: "Everything is too loud, no volume sliders(maybe my headphones, someone else confirm this?)"

you do realize you can turn down the system volume on your machine.

Quote: "- More enemy variety
- Tad difficult"

okay, will remember you said this and fix it in my next games.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 22:10
Downloadign and:
Quote: "seems nobody likes the "no visible huds" thing. *sigh* I guess I'm the only one."

WRONG! I love the no huds thing, especially when playing a horror game, makes you more scared when you're not fully aware of the situation. And even other games than horror too. Maby it's becouse it adds a tad of realism, or something, but I just love it.

Will write a review when played through!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 22:18
Quote: "seems nobody likes the "no visible huds" thing. *sigh* I guess I'm the only one."

FALSE, i love not having a hud! It would be nice to know how much ammo you had, but i never ran out..

REVIEW:

PROS:
- Amazing level design
- Awesome lighting
- Over 30FPS the whole time
- No hud
- Great weapon choice
- Freaking awesome music! XD
- Just a great environment and atmosphere

CONS:
- My game crashed while loading level 2 (maybe delete a couple NPC's?)
- Not having custom weapon sounds always irritates me.. Or jumping sounds.. Is this going to be commercial?
- The save game also does not work for me...

That's about it from me, i really want to play Level 2. I will try it later. Oh and Bugsy, can i get permission to record this and add it to my Youtube channel? It won't be up very soon as im recording HMS Diptera and another game. But after those are done can i record this one?

Thanks!
- Josh

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 23:08
Quote: "Not having custom weapon sounds always irritates me.. Or jumping sounds.."

Well we dont all have time to make sounds for every single gun

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 23:10 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2011 23:11
Quote: "WRONG! I love the no huds thing, especially when playing a horror game"

cool! but this is NOT a horror game.

Quote: "My game crashed while loading level 2 (maybe delete a couple NPC's?)"

not sure why everyone is having this problem. worked for all my beta testers. be sure to run as admin, and to make sure ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRAMS are running in the background.

Quote: "Not having custom weapon sounds always irritates me.. Or jumping sounds.. Is this going to be commercial?"

this game does have custom weapon sounds. no, none of my fpsc work will be commercial.

Quote: "- The save game also does not work for me..."

might be the button hitbox. try clicking a little above/below it. FPSC hates custom buttons apparently.

Quote: "can i get permission to record this and add it to my Youtube channel?"

I'd love that!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 23:57
Quote: "cool! but this is NOT a horror game."

I just meant that i love horror games without huds, i didn't mean this was a horror game. Sorry for the mix up..

Quote: "this game does have custom weapon sounds"

Really? Well i can deal with it i guess

Quote: "I'd love that!"

Sweet! Im uploading the HMS Diptera videos right now, then i will upload Alpha Project, then yours alright? Thanks!!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 00:08
hey wray!

Downloaded it and im pleased to say that i loved it. Level design was perfect, and the soundtrack was fitting perfectly. Only thing i didn't liked was that when i died, i spawned in the beginning. maybe add just a few checkpoints?

Love it man, hope to see more of your work.

-Mgarand

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Downloaded it and im pleased to say that i loved it. Level design was perfect, and the soundtrack was fitting perfectly."

I don't know, the trance techno kind of thing didn't really fly with me.

Quote: "- Tad difficult"

I second this. Mainly because I got swamped at the very start. The rest wasn't that hard... but if it was 1 life only...
I would have been very let down at how it started off.

Overall, I liked the level design for the first level. I can't say anything about the rest however. Level 2 wouldn't finish loading.
All I can say is, you're going to have to compromise on lightmapping quality like I've had to. I also had no other programs running in the background then I normally do.

You also failed to answer my question. I don't know if you overlooked it or not... but I asked you about how long
it took you to make this game in its entirety. I'm just curious.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 06:43
Quote: "I asked you about how long
it took you to make this game in its entirety. I'm just curious.
"

I'm sorry, I totally missed this. I probably started working on it around a month ago after I realized favela was going nowhere, and I took a lot from some of favela's indoor levels, made a few concepts, and then built the core gameplay. afterwards I made the music and stuff.

Yurt
Years of Service
User Offline
seems nobody likes the "no visible huds" thing. *sigh* I guess I'm the only one."

NO I LOVE IT, it's just that it went red when you took some damage and stayed red. See if you can make it so it intensifies as you get closer to death, producing the same, much-needed effect as a health bar.

awful idea. too many enemies at once can REALLY lag a map."

Well not ALL enemies at once. I mean like, in the beginning, how 3 or so guys popped out of thin air right in front of my eyes, like some invisible cloning machine. Get rid of that, but you can make the guys in the next room spawn in one group. Just make sure you don't run upon a spawn, so if the enemies in each room spawn in a group or two groups and you don't get close enough to see it, it adds to the realism and fixes that overall issue (it was a bit difficult like this, also).

odd, it does on mine.
"
When I went to save, it just saved and went back to the regular menu. No indication or selecting of a slot. What system specs do you need to analyze this problem, if you don't mind me asking.

you do realize you can turn down the system volume on your machine.
"

My volume was at 1 out of 100. I do use headphones, but it only increases the volume ever so much. I have this same problem in my own FPSC games, so I'm not sure what's up. Maybe it is my headphones. To be honest, I do always have it at 5% or below. Anything louder and youtube videos will deafen me.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 17:18
Quote: "When I went to save, it just saved and went back to the regular menu."

you obviously clicked the exit button's hitbox. FPSC seems to hate it when I do something so simple as place buttons in different places than stock.

Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
the second level won't load ...

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 06:58
try running as admin, and make sure all other applications are closed. otherwise I can't understand why all of you have this problem. it works for me, so I can't replicate it.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
You will just have to rebuild with a lower set lightmapping quality. This is turn is the biggest reason that a game would stop
loading a level. I've learned from experience with Dusk. I say that you should at least consider rebuilding the game.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 18:41
bluh. I can't understand why it works for me, and even the slow computers I test it on. lightmap quality is already at a dismal 256/45

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. You need to set the lightmap textures to 512 or 1024. See, I've already narrowed down 1 of the problems.

You could also try setting the quality to 30-35 and try again. Also, what may work fine on your end, doesn't immediately show you
the results other people might get. That is just FPSC for you. Sorry.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 22:56
why does the texture size need to be so ungodly high? in my experience that hurts load times even worse.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Its all explained in Wolf's lightmapping thread. I believe Bond1 brings it up.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
awsome demo so far ill play it some more and leave you a review when im done so far i havent had no problems playing it nor glitches!!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 22:01
cool, glad you like!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 20:53
Quote: "cool! but this is NOT a horror game."

I know

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 22:06
Quote: "I know"

Wasn't he responding to me?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 12:05
Quote: "Wasn't he responding to me?"

Well he was quoting me, so I assumed it was meant for me

The second level never stops loading, it just gets stuck on the very end of the loading bar...

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 19:45
I am really annoyed at how this keeps happening to everybody. I've tried to replicate the problem even with programs running, on a slow computer, but it doesn't give me the issue.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 21:09
I will try again today Bugsy to see if i can get it working, don't get too frustrated over it!

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2011 21:58 Edited at: 11th Sep 2011 21:58
Quote: "I am really annoyed at how this keeps happening to everybody. I've tried to replicate the problem even with programs running, on a slow computer, but it doesn't give me the issue."

Could it be a problem between PCs running on 64 and 32 bit?

I have this problem and I am running W7 on a 32-bit

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 02:18
interesting. I'm running 64 bit, is anyone else?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 02:51
Downloading...get ready for a review.

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 03:00
hey, I'll just go ahead and hit you up on msn about it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:20:34