Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Creating Character Models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I purchased the DGS Bonanza pack. Does one of these programs allow you to create 3D model characters? If not, what program is needed to create these characters for Dark Basic games?
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 04:18
Nope, they don't, Those are just programs used to make games, not the models that come with them.

But not to fear, it really is a good pack but your gonna have to make the models yourself.

Try some of the free options out there, For example:
Blender 3D
Wings 3D
Anim8or

And plenty more, just do some googling and find more that may fit your needs better.

But beware, these programs are no walks in the park, it requires great skill to be able to use these programs efficiently, sometimes takes 2 years or more just to get the hang of it.

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 00:55
Yes,travis gatlin is right, and start out with vey simple things.
Try to get all that you are going to need for the project textures,photos and any thing else you need in a folder. Save save save save alot.
renny

Life is not fair, so deal with it.
http://www.gusroundtable.com/
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 01:34 Edited at: 9th Sep 2011 01:35
i would start out with the darkmatters models even though i don't listen to my own advice. lol the best advice i can give you other than that you can also find other free models. if you want your own than model simple things like a car or even start out with primitives first for any genre. i recommend not doing any complicated ones like rpg. FPS? not sure what to say, but there are plenty of free codes like NOX game engine or even open fps, so you're safe.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 00:53
I really wouldn't recommend pre-made models if you want a truly unique game, if you use those, you have quite a limited game, you have to do everything based off those animations. Most of the animations are quite stiff and low quality. This, however, is based off of an older DBC pack that i got when i bought DBC lite. So i'm not entirely sure how good the newer darkmatter packs are.

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 20:23
If I dont remember it wrong, TGC actually released one of their 3D softwares for free for those who own Dark Game Studio. I believe I read it in a recent newsletter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:18:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:18:28