Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / My new gun

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 03:01
Since no one looks at the bottom of my thread BEST PLACES FOR TUTORIALS by boypizza96, I will put one thread here and the rest of my progress will be in that thread I mentioned.

I will also do a tutorial on how to make the texture in gimp. when I make the magazine!

The textures I used did not come from the internet, I took my digital camera and took some pictures of all the textures from within my house and I used a few of the tools that come with gimp. I found the best textures where right under my nose in my own house. plus this is a good practice because if you are not aware that most of the pictures you find on line are copyright and that is a no, no.

Textures consist of the following:
THE BARREL - IS A PICTURE OF MY GAS GRILL
THE BODY - IS A PICTURE OF MY BASEMENT FLOOR
THE HANDGRIP - IS A PICTURE FROM THE FILTER FOR MY FURNACE.

And this is the result, please comment what you think this is with the color, normal and spec map which I already did a tutorial on that, this is just one piece of the weapon but I do pieces one at a time and normally I make between 4 and 5 maps for the same weapon reason being, if I make the pieces small its harder to make the necessary details to the map, so my pieces for the gun are large enough so I can work on them. AND WHEN I DO THE TUTORIAL IN A DAY OR TWO I WILL EXAGGERATE SOME OF THE DETAILS JUST SO YOU CAN SEE ALL THE NEAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH GIMP!

[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 12:03
the base texture looks a little too simple: it looks like it is just a cloud map. The details on the "front grip" is amazing though(the diamond formed things)

and for the record, I am a man.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:45:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:45:13