Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Some questions about AGK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1) I'm a little confused about the "AGK player". When (and if) i finish creating my game, does a user who want's to play my game need to also install (separately) the AppGameKit player, as well as my game? Or does the AppGameKit player get bundled into my game?

2) What IDE will a developer using a Mac use? I notice in the "BASIC" page (http://www.appgamekit.com/basic.html) the windows user is using "AGK IDE", does this come as a mac application?
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 11:35
When using Tier 1 your program is created using a Windows IDE. If you want to test this on different platforms you can broadcast your game to the AppGameKit Player. It's a useful way of being able to test your games on different platforms.

Distribution is handled a little differently dependent on which platform you are targeting. You will likely end up bundling the AppGameKit Player and your code and media all in one application, which you can distribute to end users.

Currently Mac developers can only use Tier 2, which means you'll be creating your game in Xcode using C++.
dotty
Years of Service
User Offline
Right. Do TGF plan on making "Tier 1" for Mac? If i purchase AppGameKit would i be able to user Tier 1 on Windows and Tier 2 and my Mac? As in do i have a choice, or if i choose Tier 1, i am stuck with using windows?
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 16:36
Tier 1 on Mac will happen, but not certain of the timing yet.

If you purchase AppGameKit now you will be able to use Tier 1 and 2 on Windows and Tier 2 on the Mac.
dotty
Years of Service
User Offline
Consider it sold. Final question, any time frame on the Android player?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 05:07
Android 2.3 development goes very well, and it's exciting to see. My guess is a few more weeks and we'll have some sort of beta for the internal team. If you are really nice, we might let you have a sneak peek too.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Scotty1973
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 10:14
Can't wait for the Android version !!! Cool.
dotty
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! That'll be great. I have a HTC Desire HD (Android 2.3.3), so it'll be nice to try it out!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:49:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:49:35