Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Big Trucks W.I.P. (Vehicular Modeling Compo)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 17:49 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2011 23:46
I'm going to post my W.I.P. entry for this months competition here. The idea is to have a lot of different construction vehicles in a scene. No concept drawing for the enviro yet, I'm going to make the vehicles first and work from there. Constructive Crits are welcome. So lets begin.

Good Ol' gigantic dump truck, part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFv4sE14KV4&feature=channel_video_title (I can never remember the youtube tags)

Part 2 of the dump truck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aolJgb5YQU I just found a new design for the cockpit that I like a lot more than the one I have, so I am going to do that next, and railings.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 00:22

Whoa...

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 00:31
Is that good or bad?
Before anyone crits, btw, I would like to add I am not going for highpoly, lowpoly, or subdivision model right now. Just a simple model. As long as it looks like I want it to, I'm not worried about polygons.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 06:16
That looks great! Cant wait to see the finished one
And when I first saw the video, I actually thought that was how fast you modeled LOL

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 03:39
Thanks anayar. I wish I could model that fast
Taking a small break from the dump truck so I can start it with a fresh look. Did this for now (attached)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 21:11
Quote: "Is that good or bad? "

It's good!
haha
good job, i was whoa-ing on how fast the video was.
keep it up!

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 01:26 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 01:32
Thanks Travis. Attached is a picture of the completed Trane, along with a W.I.P. base metal texture.
EDIT: forgot to attache

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:10:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:10:57