Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Nice Try; Anayar's Vuhicular Modeling Competition WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 19:19 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2011 19:19
Well, Im finally ready to kick start my WIP thread for this months modeling compo Lets just say the scene is going to be EXCITING and it has to do with planes... or more specifically, jets

Its called Nice Try cause... well, youll find out

Im not going to give too much away, but on top of the model, I plan on doing a small; less than a minute- animation showing off my entry and another few models. Stay tuned for that

Anyways, here is the WIP model in all its glory;

Loosely based on an F22, F35, F16 and some other random screens

C&C is welcome... Should be fun to see how this scene progresses

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 19:39
Its on!
Looking pretty sweet anayar. Not totally loving the cockpit right now though. It appears very rough, and to be lacking some mechanical sense. But the rest looks awesome right now, will be cool to see this progress.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 20:06
Quote: "Looking pretty sweet anayar. Not totally loving the cockpit right now though. It appears very rough, and to be lacking some mechanical sense. But the rest looks awesome right now, will be cool to see this progress."

Thanks mate! Nah, cockpit isnt meant to be detailed at all... just to give some rough definition because that glass cover will be semi-transparent (barely). Will probably put some throwaway char inside just for effects

Quote: "Its on!"

Indeed Cant wait to see yours mate!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 20:16
It would be a shame not to show my original model for the compo. I scratched it when I realized the jet was looking tonnes better Oh well, its going to be a freebie on the FPSC forums (as it is 969 polies) and i might work it into this scene somehow

Anyways, I got 45% of the way through texturing... might as well finish it off I guess Oh, and the freebie will have a few texture variations, so dont worry (for anyone from the fpsc forums), its not just going to be a camo one

Crits and welcome on this too

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 00:25
Welp, i'm out... I can't model vehicles...

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 00:30
Travis: dont enter to win, enter to improve.

and for the record, I am a man.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 00:33
Meh, I guess i'll try... Don't expect anything actually good though! lol
I need to learn to model cars anyways.

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 12:13
Quote: "Welp, i'm out... I can't model vehicles..."

Quote: "Travis: dont enter to win, enter to improve."

What Quik said

Anyways, after watching a few tuts on 3DS Max's built in Mapper, I got the fighter mapped. Trust me when I say it was a pain in the _____.

UV Map Applied;

UV Map (Original 2048x2048)

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 12:28
couldnt you have mapped the lowpoly then just put the meshsmooth/turbosmooth modifier back up later?
just saying that seems easier... dunnno if it works though XD mesh seems a bit messy at some parts, but most of it looks nice /the wireframe i mean\

the model itself looks brilliant

and for the record, I am a man.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 12:35
Quote: "couldnt you have mapped the lowpoly then just put the meshsmooth/turbosmooth modifier back up later?
just saying that seems easier... dunnno if it works though XD mesh seems a bit messy at some parts, but most of it looks nice /the wireframe i mean\"

I didnt make a low poly version so really got no way to go back to it I accidently overwrote my modifiers when I combined the thing into an Editable Mesh and then back into an Editable Poly to fix the problem of the model disappearing whenever I selected a face.

Also, if it isnt too much trouble, Could you point out the parts that look messy so I can go back and fix em'? Thanks!

Quote: "the model itself looks brilliant"

Thanks mate! Ive been practicing with planes/heli's and this one turned out to be one of the best

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 22:45 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 22:47
EDIT:

Nevermind, i'll put it in the compo thread.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 04:30
Update time!!

Where have I been... well, lets just say 14 hour long plane rides, getting mugged in Chicago, having a bottle smashed into my head and getting 15 stitches...

Yeah... and im not kidding... thats ALL true^^

Anyways, the pain died down today so i took some time to work some more on my compo entry. Let me know what you guys think

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 00:19
Nice! good texture! Though you might need to turn down the spec just slightly and make a normal map too, shouldn't be too hard.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work. What software do you use to creat these models?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 21:56
anayar That look awesome, have you though of putting in a hanger with other bits awaiting some orders to strike?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 07:59
@Travis: Already done my friend

@BFG: Thanks mate ! I use 3DS Max for my models and GIMP/Photoshop for textures.

@HowDo: Thanks! Yeah, actually Im creating a whole scene for my portfolio so youll just have to wait till its done

And as for reasons mentioned here I have been out (recovering) for a while and hopefully should be back next week
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186647&b=24&msg=2263141#m2263141

Alright, just to be sure of my entry I whipped up a render. Just to make it clear... If I am able, I will be posting a FINAL Render tom. This is just to guarantee my entry into the compo lol.

Also, let me know if I need to post a DL of the model here too

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:04:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:04:04