Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Xcode setup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hay, I'm all new to this as you may or may not be able to tell. I've been reading the documentation and it seems that if i want to make an application, i have to use the template provided in the App Game Kit/IDE folder. Does that mean i can only make 1 application per install? The documentation then says i can copy/paste the template into a new folder (such as my Desktop) but i'll need to relink everything. What does it mean by relink? How do i do this? Any help will be great.

Thanks
JuLieN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 14:49
Here's what I do:
1- I copy/paste the chosen template drawer to the desktop
2- I rename its drawer (like: "MySuperCoolProject")
3- I drag&drop the drawer back to where the original one was, hence having no problem with the links.

NOTE TO AGP:
You should make REAL templates that appear in Xcode's new projects list. There are good tutorials on the Internet to do that.

Why do those who are wrong always desagree with me?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes actual Wizards in Xcode would indeed help. I think with time they would come
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 05:13
For the 'real templates' feature for XCODE, please add it as a requested feature in our new issues board so we can start this ball rolling:

http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list

If you have any links to useful sites on creating such a wizard, please include that in the feature request to make our job nicer

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
done

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:32:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:32:41