Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Graphical Quality Limits?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I see people on Youtube comment about how it took hours to render a few seconds worth of high quality water. This has me worried about how hi quality I can make my environment in my games. I mean, how is it that Crysis can have beautiful environments and water and run at 30FPS on my machine, where as rendering water from Blender 3D would take hours? I just want to make sure my models and textures can be higher quality than this: http://www.thegamecreators.com/userdata/gallery/1803_1024.jpg
PirateJohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 05:10
Depends on what the water is doing, sometimes. If you want to animate a wave crashing into a rock face, then yeah, it can take hours to do it right, but if you just want ripple effects on water, I've seen it done with just a few lines of code.
Phantom887
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have dead static environments the whole way through.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 07:54
Quote: "I see people on Youtube comment about how it took hours to render a few seconds worth of high quality water. "

exactly: it is HIGH QUALITY, and there are a LOT of light setups, material setups etc etc etc making it take a LOT of time to render up

and for the record, I am a man.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:16:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:16:31