Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / [Crysis's] Endorphin Test - [C&C Welcome]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 18:04 Edited at: 7th Sep 2011 01:45
[b]
Hi All.

I've been playing around in the program Endorphin. Here are my results.
So, hope its not that bad.
C&C are welcome.
Actually I'd LOVE some critique on this!
[/b]

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 00:17
Another one.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 00:38
Poor guy!
but i think they're good but a little too stiff, i mean, if you just got impaled like the first video, your gonna be a little limp

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 01:08
yes, they do look a bit stiff, but they are also EXTREMELY well done.. well extremely is an exageration, but you got the point well done!

I really should get into animating myself soon... x)

and for the record, I am a man.

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 01:37
Well..yeah, i know they do look a bit stiff, but its just a basic animation with basic biped character...Thank you all for comment and critz!

I will upload more animations later (my time, its 01:00am here..) so..thanks again

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 02:13 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 02:18
Those aren't your animations. Considering I know exactly what the software you are using does, I suggest you come clean.

Its the production version of the same tech used in games like GTA IV and The Force Unleashed.
All you have done is placed an actor in the scene and applied a force to him, the engine does the rest.

This is the realtime version (Euphoria), Endorphin uses the same system:

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 08:43 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 14:44
Hello BigAdd.

I apologize if I wasnt clear or specific enough.

As you can see I left in the bottom right corner the sign that says "Endorphin Learning Edition".

Now, in my scene, here is a quick quide how can you make something like this:

1.Add Character.
2.Draw a Baclony.
3.Draw a Fence that will break.
4.Place Character next to fence.
5.Add Balance Animtaion.
7.Add Force Event.
8.Make "Arrow".
9.Edit the TimeLine Editor.
10.Add "Firing" Animation
11.Add "Player Holding Arrow in Chest" Animation
12.Add "Constraint" Event to the Enviroment.
13.Add "Jump" Animation.
14.Let Character Fall.
15.Edit TimeLine Editor (you can adjust strength, add armswindmill animation, etc).

So, Sorry, if you understood me wrong. Actually i want to say its my scene, not animation, its actually same. I think i've been clear enough.

Youre right, its animating program, but its not gonna animate itseft. I made the whole scene, i added the animations (i found them in resource) i did the timeline editor, i made the breaking fence, i made the arrow, i joined the arrow with player chest, i did actually everything.

I think you will understand me now.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 15:29
Quote: "Youre right, its animating program, but its not gonna animate itseft. I made the whole scene, i added the animations (i found them in resource) i did the timeline editor, i made the breaking fence, i made the arrow, i joined the arrow with player chest, i did actually everything.

I think you will understand me now."

Maybe it is not gonna animate itself, but yet - you do really small job. It's like making a game in RPG Maker and posting it in WIP section, then saying: Hi. This is my game, please give me some feedback.

While it was made in Click program, not programming language.

What to say, 'your' animations look good, but everyone can do that with that engine. With no skills.

http://www.kamacdev.wordpress.com ~ My developer blog, mind paying a visit ?
Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 16:32
It need skills, timelide editor is same like animating, you need to place position of every part of character, there is no pre made animations for something you would like to do new....

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 17:12
Well then, i'm downloading it now.

I've got no idea about how to use it.

I'll tell how it goes

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 17:34
really, you should call the thread "look at my aqwesome scene setup" and not "animation"

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 17:36 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 17:38
Ok then, Moderator,please rename this thread. Thank you Quik, and everyone.

And Quik, do you have MSN or something like that, and can you give me a couple of tips on "How to make a really good 3d stuff."

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 17:44 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 17:44
Here it is... it took less than 10 mins to figure out how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsouCScgaRA

Quote: "How to make a really good 3d stuff."

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 20:21
Quote: "And Quik, do you have MSN or something like that, and can you give me a couple of tips on "How to make a really good 3d stuff.""

I d o, but iam never on there.. i dont really have the time.

and iam not that awesome at 3d either: been on it for 3 years and i do call myself a novice.

Which field? Animation, modelling, texturing etc are you interested in?

i'd still like to say that you should pick up a software like blender, 3ds max (if your a student it is free), milkshape 3d (good program imo to learn the basics) etc then lookup a few tutorials.

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 20:23 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 20:25
Quote: "Here it is... it took less than 10 mins to figure out how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsouCScgaRA"

Thats cool. But try to add a bit more complicated items, try to add a 3d model like in my second video, don't use import option, use timeline editor, its much better, try to add arms positions, windmill animations, or add a stagger animation...

Quik, ok..thanks for respond anyway

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 20:54
Quote: "Thats cool. But try to add a bit more complicated items, try to add a 3d model like in my second video, don't use import option, use timeline editor, its much better, try to add arms positions, windmill animations, or add a stagger animation..."

I've made something more advanced, but keep in mind that first one took me 10 mins

Quote: "i'd still like to say that you should pick up a software like blender, 3ds max (if your a student it is free), milkshape 3d (good program imo to learn the basics) etc then lookup a few tutorials."

Blender.... uhm.... I don't like the fact that it's years behind 3ds max .

... And that you gotta be a student to grab a free edition ...

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 21:13
Quote: "I don't like the fact that it's years behind 3ds max ."

not at all, it is awesome, works very fine.

Quote: "... And that you gotta be a student to grab a free edition ..."

I did say that

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 21:35
Quote: "not at all, it is awesome, works very fine.
"

I hope, because my brother's learning it

Quote: "I did say that"

I know, i'm just complaining

I don't like the fact, that tutorials at blender.org are for total idiots. I mean, the guy is saying "observe the view" "the view changed to frontal". His tuts are for total dummies. Hard to learn anything from it .

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 21:37
Quote: "I don't like the fact, that tutorials at blender.org are for total idiots. I mean, the guy is saying "observe the view" "the view changed to frontal". His tuts are for total dummies. Hard to learn anything from it ."

gooogleeee will help you learn a lot also once you get a hang of the basics iam pretty sure you can translate the tutorials for other programs in your head aswell..

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 01:44 Edited at: 7th Sep 2011 01:44
Quote: "So, Sorry, if you understood me wrong. Actually i want to say its my scene, not animation, its actually same. I think i've been clear enough."

Thats not animation. Placing objects in the scene and setting up the engine is not animation.
If I were to use the in game crysis editor to set up a scene, then let the engine take over the simulation, I couldn't say I've animated any of that.
Think of animation like stop motion with plasticine models, thats how actual 3D animation is done.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 04:28
There is an open source version of this software, after looking up some alternatives, i came across a program called DANCE, it's pretty much a very advanced open source version of this program. But, unfortunately is only good for simulations and not games or movies, it does have render device but, not much good for movies really.

My Mind is very odd, it can memorize hundreds of commands, memorize 2 dictionary's worth of words, and make detailed 3D models. Yet my mind has trouble with the most simple calculations.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 03:08
@Biggadd

you'd be wrong that these aren't crysis's animations. euphoria and endorphin are entirely different programs put together by the naturalmotion company. euphoria is a game physics engine and endorphin is a physics based animation and dynamic motion synthesis software. so before you condemn these not being crysis's animations, remember that it's not as simple as "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" and your animation is done. lots of fine tweaks of active poses before resimulating, constraint editing, parameter adjustments, and trial and error goes into creating any endorphin animation, these are no exception. they may not be as intensive as some others, but they're definitely well done, and deserve to be praised as such.

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 00:14
Actually, after using Endorphin, i must agree with Bugsy, the program is nothing to be taken lightly, it really is a challenge to do complex or even simple animations at times with this software. Though, the first animation is not really that good, the second one is quite good with the running, i've never quite got how the running part works.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 02:17 Edited at: 15th Sep 2011 02:36
@ Kamac That was mean, Letting your character have the block fall on his legg after jumping over, Havn't you herd of Animator rights,

Just kidding dude, just adding a bit of hummor to this post,

Just remembered, i tried this earlier this year, Light edition has no exports and so i went to buy it, Wow WOOHO WOW the price £'
i phoned them up and said is this the right price, they said of course, i said am i investing in the company at this price. anyway shan't go on.

So i bought Messiah 5.2 instead as it is a more realistic price, and it is or has been used in the film industry, havn't learn't to use it yet but it has more features than Darv Vaders control consol
And so i say good luck on those who are gonna use it, and its nice to see what people are making too,

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 15:02
I laughed when I read the first post of this and then as I read more I began to get angrier by the minute.
Yes, the endorphin software and the euphoria engine are two different things. Euphoria is optimized for games whilst endorphin is geared (and always has been) towards film and on screen animation.

That being said, endorphin is ridiculously easy to use and only starts to get complicated when trying to work between custom animations and the simulation. Dragging and dropping nodes and tweaking some settings isn't animating and shouldn't be classed as such. Animation is a fine art where the animator injects a huge chunk of personality into a character, procedural animation is computer software that determines what should go where and when. Hence why most endorphin animations look the same and those that don't are usually merged with existing animation created by an artist.
I'm not knocking the complexity of the engine at all, it is an amazing piece of software but I find it pretty pointless to take an animation created inside of it and critique it based on artist talent.
Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 02:15
Ok,before this goes further, let me clear something.
Endorphin, and Euphoria are two different things,thats ture.

But, look a little deeper, in my second scene. You can clearly see the running animation which does not come with the program.

The original running animation is a lot better than this one, this one is maded by moving and forcing Lower Spine Mass with Right and Left Leg Mass. So people, thank you for your quick and quite not helpful answers.

Its not easy to hold the arrow in character's chest, its not easy to turn around character and make him do "jump back", its not that easy, im not saying its too hard, just....ah nevermind....

@Bugsy

Thank you Wray, you are the only one here who post something useful.

Cheers,
Crysis.

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 16:52
Quote: "So people, thank you for your quick and quite not helpful answers."

It's this attitude in people that annoys me the most, just pure arrogance and immaturity.
Look, I was going to bother with a long response but it seems you can't have an opinion with some people without them curling up in a ball and throwing abuse around.
You can either spend so long defending yourself or brushing off comments or you can appreciate that people have different opinions and move on, you'll never learn anything or progress at all in your field(especially the creative industry) if you don't appreciate all opinions, whether they are good or bad.

I won't be returning to this thread because I fully expect a rebuttal and I won't hold my tongue again.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 02:20 Edited at: 17th Sep 2011 02:24
@oolite

honestly it's still more than dragging and dropping nodes and tweaking settings. personality can be added by bucketloads if you know what you're doing and the program can be used to create any style of animation including keyframing. before you knock someone elses animations who may be new at the program, I ask you see my thread, as I may have a bit more experience (or in any case animations that appeal more to the masses) and then perhaps go ahead and try to make something nicer.

I also ask you return to this thread because arguments can be avoided if we can all just hold bach the seething, raging, teenage angsty anger trapped inside of us long enough to write a post

edit- also thank you for your 3ds max foot anchor tutorial, it proved very helpful in being just what I needed to prevent my animations from looking downright stupid!

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 01:11 Edited at: 19th Sep 2011 01:12
Quote: "you'd be wrong that these aren't crysis's animations. euphoria and endorphin are entirely different programs put together by the naturalmotion company. euphoria is a game physics engine and endorphin is a physics based animation and dynamic motion synthesis software. so before you condemn these not being crysis's animations, remember that it's not as simple as "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" and your animation is done. lots of fine tweaks of active poses before resimulating, constraint editing, parameter adjustments, and trial and error goes into creating any endorphin animation, these are no exception. they may not be as intensive as some others, but they're definitely well done, and deserve to be praised as such."

The only beef I had with this thread initially was the terms he was using. At no point in this thread or title (before my edit) was the program name or explanation of the software mentioned, which hinted to me that Crysis was trying to trick people into believing he had animated these the traditional way.

The first line of his post read (before my edit): "Here is a quick test of my animating skills"
I can't remember what the title said.

I've used Endorphin in the past, so you don't need to explain the differences between Euphoria and Endorphin.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 23:08
ah, I understand. as someone who has experience with traditional keyframing, frame by frame, AND endorphin, I personally believe that making cool endorphin animations takes just as much skill as, say, good 3ds max character animations, but it's just a different kind of skill, one more closely related to the ability to actually perform the motion yourself.

Crysis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 20:39
Ah...Nevermind, as i can see, you have not understood me.
Look, I'm not from England, or UK, my English is not great at all, and, at first, when i started the thread, i didn't know how to say, or how to call the title right, i just wrote something like "here is test of my animation, or something like Here you can see my animating skills, i can't remember". Now i see, should i wrote something like " Here is a quick test of my scene" or whatever? I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

Nevermind, to prevent future post, mod please lock this thread.

Thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:42:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 14:42:23