Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / RTS Ingame Layout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have been making an RTS game for a while now, though I'm not particularly happy with the look for the in-game console... I was wondering if anyone would be able to come up with something I could possibly use which has a better, more mechanical, yet still RTS feel to it.

Any help with the idea would be greatly appreciated!

I thought this was the most suitable forum to place this thread, if not could a mod change the location to the correct forum.

A

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 17:56
Looks cool

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 02:49
Looking good.

American Warfare is still in development - it is currently postponed until I build up the skill to complete it.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 00:51
Is that screenshot actual size? I'll give it a shot if your still in need of one.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 20:30
Hmm any specific ideas? Maybe Defense Grid style?

Nice game looks fun to play

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2011 17:07
It's nice and simple and personally I like that, but if you're looking for something a bit more mechanically and grungy, consider losing the red and going for more metallic colours. A bit of rust or scratches is often good but not too much, and obviously wires or weird machine parts on the edges look good but they mustn't take up space or be too distracting. I'll see if I can knock you up an example of what I mean later, gotta go out now but when I get back I'll fire up ye olde photoshoppe.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback and offers guys! I am returning to this project some time later this year but in the mean time any help on preparing media for its return would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to another thread on the topic and it has a downloadable copy of the current HUD and its layout design on my second post in the thread.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=189120&b=4

A

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:14:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:14:12