Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Intel losing interest in Meego?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 12:42
Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/intel-may-be-losing-interest-in-meego-too

As I expected, anything that isn't Android, ios, and Windows phone is not going to survive as far as smart phones go.

App Game Kit (A.G.K.) - Want to be creative on many platforms at once? This is the tool you need.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well said, those are the big 3.

plus WEBgl + html5

anything else is a waste of time
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to remember that Meego isn't just a mobile phone OS. Imagine if there are several million set top boxes sitting under peoples TVs running Meego: http://www.aminocom.com/products/freedom-jump/ That's a rather large audience to get your apps in front of.

Ofcourse if Intel are slowing up on Meego development, then there will be lack of manufacturers willing to put the OS on their products, but it's all just rumour at the moment.

Besides, AppGameKit gives you Meego deployment for free, so you get to choose whether you want to take advantage of it or not.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 03:45
With AppGameKit, you don't have to make the choice of MeeGo VS 'other', you get instant support for MeeGo out of the box. You just get an extra place to sell your app, and as MeeGo spreads to TVs, Cars, mobiles, laptops, tablets, fridges, your app will be running on them from day one. From a developers point of view, the more outlets for your app, the more exposure and hopefully, more money!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 03:55 Edited at: 9th Sep 2011 03:55
Quote: "fridges"

Hey App, bring me a beer!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets hope to see MeeGo spread to fridges, cars and other consumer electronics, as I don't think it will make a big bang in the mobile/tablet market. With ios/android/windows phone the phone/tablet market is all there now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:22:56