Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 13:32
Hi Guys, I compiled the AppGameKit Player through xcode on a friends mac and put the player onto my iPhone 4. I'm using a laptop running windows 7 ultimate and when I try to compile and broadcast one of the examples in tier 1 using the AppGameKit IDE nothing happens on the iPhone, the app just stays in standby. Both the laptop and the iPhone are on the same network so I don't know what could be causing this problem. Any suggestions?

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 14:12
It's a network technology, so I'd start by disabling any firewalls you have operating. If that doesn't work, check your network setup. As a rule it's best to assign devices to the same IP group. For instance, all my equipment runs on.

192.168.1.xxx (192.168.1.64, 192.168.1.65, etc etc)

I've had problems in the past, where the router sometimes assigns devices to a different IP group, for example.

192.172.5.xxx

This has resulted in devices not being able to find each other.

For more information and suggestions please refer to your router manual.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I was suffering the same symptoms. What curred it was installing a new fritz.box 7390 in my house. So my guess is that it is some kind of firewall related, maybe ports are blocked, i don't know. Maybe the speed of your WLAN is to slow. Mine was, so I got a faster one than the fritz.box 7050 I had before.

Before the switch I saw my iphone sometimes displaying "Network Active". A look at the console output of my Ipod showed that it had difficulties to connect because the device was unnamed? Which of cause is always the fact.

Bottom line is, I think it has something to do with the Port settings of the router and maybe its speed. But it could be something different.
Soulstealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 14:35
Thanks guys I'll try those things out and post here if it works

Soulstealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 16:00 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 16:00
I tried disabling my anti virus firewall and my router firewall and still no luck. My IP addresses are on the same IP group. I even went as far as uninstalling my anti virus software because McAfee can be very funny about letting connections through
Maybe your right MikeHart, my WLAN is probably to slow. Oh well off to buy a new router I think. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 17:46
If you have more then one Network adapter/connection in Windows 7 then broadcasting don't work. The problem is that on Windows it is only possible to send a broadcast over one connection, not all.

I had similar problems as I've installed VMWare and some other tools that created virtual LAN ports. The broadcast was always on the wrong net.

Try to disable all adapters in Windows and let only one work. That did the trick on my installation.

Life is good!
Soulstealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 18:55
Thanks very much Hubdule that is my problem so because I also have VMWare installed.

Soulstealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 21:15
I disabled the VMWare network adapter and the AppGameKit Player is working. Thanks for all the help guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:15:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:15:58