Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Cannot compile an example

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just installed AppGameKit successfully and tried to run the first example in the documentation so I clicked the green arrow and the following messages appeared:

"It seems that this file has not been built yet. Do you want to build it now?"

I clicked the YES button and I got a message saying that "Compiler requires administrator level privilegies".

What is the problem here?
I am an administrator user in my PC, in fact, it is the only user in the machine.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado
MobileCreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 05:40
As far I remember someone had the same problem here. Try right-clicking the shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 12:02 Edited at: 8th Sep 2011 12:04
Make sure you open the actual project file in AppGameKit so it loads the code files required into AppGameKit itself. It wont compile from the code files alone if you simply open them manually into AGK.

Thats what I found to be the issue. It has nothing to do with Administrator settings in my case though AppGameKit returns that error message.

Hope thats of help in solving your problem.

SMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 08:09
Hey, I had the same problem for one project by being a bad boy....

I simply wanted to make a backup of my project, so I copied the project folder over to a new folder... and updated the names files accordingly.

I could compile and run, but it ALWAYS asked me "Do you want to build it now?" message.

This doesn't happen if I create a new project... and then drag the media over, and then copy/paste the code into the new main.agc file.

I guess there is more going on here than meets the eye.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 09:04
Quote: "I simply wanted to make a backup of my project, so I copied the project folder over to a new folder... and updated the names files accordingly.

I could compile and run, but it ALWAYS asked me "Do you want to build it now?" message.
"

It's funny, I tried this as well. You actually need to open up the project file in notepad or something and change a few more names for it to work. If you're a bit worried that you'll break something then it's best to do as you said, just create a new project and copy the media and source files over.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 12:05 Edited at: 13th Dec 2011 12:06
SMS, I had that same problem for ages and annoyingly learnt to live with it... However, thanks to Hodgey its now resolved... Just open up the *.cbp file in notepad and you'll see a couple of lines with the old project name. Change that to the new name and you will not recive the error again.

Thanks Hodgey!!
Epideath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 23:28
I had this problem after installing also. I found that the installed example files and folders where marked as read only. I selected the example folders and right clicked then selected properties and turned off read only and applied to all sub folders. That seemed to work for me. My belief is that the folder is marked as read only so it can't save the compiled file(s).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:20:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:20:03