Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Real beginners

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone (and sorry for my strange english).

I bought Darkbasic in France several years ago. I was really excited by creating my own video game but when i started to learn there were so many things i couldn't understand and no one seemed able to help me. I just gave up. But recently i decided to retry.

I can see that many people here had some experience in programming language before to start to learn darkbasic, which make it difficult for you to help real beginners like me, because there are many problems you can consider so easy that you think it's useless to explain.

For example, i download some matrix editor, but when i wanted to use it in my games, i couldn't find the syntax to do it. And when i eventually found it (i asked on a forum), i couldn't use this matrix. Why ?

1. I don't know how to make the game start somewhere on the matrix.
2. I don't know how to put a character or an item where i want on the matrix.

Does anyone knows some tutorial which explain these basics ?

Thank you all !
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 20:10 Edited at: 8th Sep 2011 20:15
I wrote a short program in DarkBASIC Classic to demonstrate how to make a matrix, move around it and place objects in it.

While this is far from being a tutorial, it gives you basic stuff to get a matrix up and running.

Use the arrow keys to move around. When you are at the spot where you want to place an object, press ENTER (or RETURN) and a menu will come up that gives you choices of what to place.

Click any mouse button (or press ESCAPE) to quit.

Hope this helps you.

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome to the forums, Darknoob!

Here are some really well written tutorials that should help get you started with DarkBASIC:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

These won't teach you EVERYTHING about DarkBASIC but they will get the ball rolling. After you learn those, just start experimenting and see what you can figure out. And remember, if you get stuck, we're always happy to help as best as we can!

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:30:32