Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What's 3D Game Creator and 3D Game Studio?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 18:24
A very young friend of mine is planning to give a shot in game making, but I'm not sure what to recomend her. Is anyone trying those babies? Which one can make better things and is easier to use/worthy money?
I hope they won't delete my post It's not a DB comparation... I just really wanna know which one is the best for young with no programming abilities at all. I've tried the demo of 3D Studio and it was ok. Anyone trying 3D game creator here?

Thanks
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 18:37
No, sorry. I personally would start with a programming language like Pascal or (preferably) C, and avoid all the 'game making' programs.

Aside from the benefit of learning how to program, you will then have the power to do more complicated things...

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 20:01
3D Games creator also called 3DGC is the french translated version of DarkBasic v1.

3D Game studio is a 3D object oriented langage ( I'm not sure 100% ) for game programming.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 21:06
I'm so duh... I meant 3D GameMaker ( the DB dudes product ) and 3D Game Studio... Sorry, I think I was half-awake

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 02:33
ahem... 3D game studio IS DA DADDY OF ALL GAME DEVELOPMENT... its more of an engine like darkbasic but more powerful... you input your own c++, c, and delphi into the level editor for your grand effects... i love that software if only my copy didnt cost me fucken 1200$... >=( so expenssive but worth it for the pro edition... i like it...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 04:56
I started my days of programing games on my handy TI 82. It tought me everything I'd ever to need to know about a basic language; all the concepts, ways around problems...all that good stuff. But now I have this nervous habit to try to get rid of that extra " or () to save those 2 bytes of space (calcs dont have that much memory), and db yells at me when I try to write utput(1,1,"Hello

yeah....good times....im sorry what was the question?
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 05:17
I found that Klik n Play helped me, because I already sorta understood how programming worked... well not really but the basics were there. I got my copy 5 years ago for a canadian dollar, plus s&h.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 12:46
Thanks for the comments

Well, I was playing she could get a copy of 3D GameStudio the standart edition with is very cheap or 3D GameMaker wich is not expensive either. I really dunno which one to stick with Does anyone has the 3D GameMaker??

-- Rogue
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 00:22
yeah i do

only used it like 5 times, well it is very limited eg: no coding involved just a click and play really- gat 3dgs i think it would be 1000% better

l8er

----- dark coder -----
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 02:50
ya, probably better off with 3dgs

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 10:52
yeh... 3dgm... im sorry... said this to many times... sucks... its a waste of your money... get 3d game studio...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 17:00
Hmmmmm, I just got the demo of 3D Game Studio, pretty cool program. The engine remembers me somewhat like Quake 2 ( maybe it's just me ). The price is quite nice ( for the comercial ) but I dunno how to code something. Like has a nice editor, but I wanna have more control like make a 2D Mouse menu... I was totally lost. But I liked the engine. I've not tried 3D Game Maker yet...

-- Rogue
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 21:37
my site is devoted to game making at low cost. For a beginner I would say start out in a very basic language (why not QBASIC?) just to get the general idea of programming WHILE playing around with Klick & Play or MMF (though it is a bit tougher to learn). The when K&P gets too limmiting, get into DarkBasic or Jamagic. She should also probably buy some books on programming and game development. I would definetely have to say that 3D Game Studio is a darn good programming language (rather scripter, C++ is its lang).

Another Method is Genesis 3D (Now Jet3D). Now this may sound a little off the top since it's C++ driven, but there is a pseudo company that is distributing a freeware program for creating Genesis 3D games WITHOUT having to know C++. I think it's called Real Gaming tools or something. Think it's been mentioned on this forum too.

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 22:02
so thats what guy is up to??? hrmmm

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 17:55:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 17:55:03