Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / How is the 3d Studio? (NOT 3d studio max, the website where you sell stuff)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 05:02 Edited at: 14th Sep 2011 05:03
Has anybody had experience with the 3d studio? I think I'm gonna move over to them because of their higher royalty ( and join their non exclusive royalty plan). I'm just sick of turbosquid's crappy 40 percent royalty... They're basically stealing my money. I will probably heep my turbosquid account anyway though, as people still buy my stuff there from time to time. But is it a good site to sell on and do you make more money quicker?

Here is the website: http://The 3d Studio/

[/href]
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 17:48
I've had my pack up there for awhile now, it is good to get a higher royalty rate for sure; I'm not a fan of TS's practices and trying to force people to join their "guild". I'd say go for it; if anything, you can post your work in multiple places, even if you join T3DS's program (unlike Turbosquid). Very friendly people running that place, and quick with any issues you may have.

-Keith

Ret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 21:06
Thanks for this post, as much as I browse for content and make effort trying to sell some of my works I've never heard of this site, I won't be using TurboSquid anymore, These people really seem to have there stuff together.
Frap
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 14:14
Definatly make the switch. You will find you get a lot more support from Matt and his team, they are really helpful and often you will get a response in a few hours no matter what the question.

After I was thrown out of the squid ( I am one of the gang of four that where a little too vocal about the changes squid forced upon everyone) I thought I would see a drop in sales but to my surprise after a couple of months I was selling more.

Dont forget they are supposed to be working for you, if you like think of the site where you are selling your models as an agent for you work, something which a few sites have forgotten.

Good luck

Portfolio

Available for weddings, bah mitz fers, funerals and freelance work.
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 23:43 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2011 23:43
Yes I already had it with turbosquid's policies. I mean I still am making money on it, about 17 bucks so far, and then your like feelin happy right? but then they're just like "yeah sounds good doesn't it? but heres the catch buddy! I get to take 60 percent of your hard earned cash away for no reason other than greed! Now, I'll just take my money * takes cash really fast and runs out the door *". I only get SEVEN DOLLARS FROM THEM OUT OF SEVENTEEN, not good... They should just change their name to turboscat I guess, for their horrible and not to mention greedy policies...

I'll be making the switch in a couplea days, but I'll still keep holdin onto tsquid, because I still make profit on them no matter what... or so it seems...

[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:55:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:55:48